Unlocking The Greenhouse for Winter Year One
This is a guide, so may contain some spoilers, if you want to play the game at your own pace and find things out on your own, don’t read this, there is no need to play this way if you don’t want to, you can get all the items another time, this just focuses on getting the bundle done so you have the Greenhouse for all of your first winter, if that is something that interests you.
The main aim of this guide is to help people who picked or want to pick the mushroom cave, as with the fruit bats it’s significantly easier. But I also think this keeps the amounts of animals and buildings needed to a minimum, regardless of what you picked, which some people may enjoy.
To unlock the Greenhouse, you must complete all of the bundles in the Pantry, these are:
• Spring Crops Bundle
• Summer Crops Bundle
• Fall Crops Bundle
• Quality Crops Bundle
• Animal Bundle
• Artisan Bundle
To make completing this in the first year much easier, you can choose the Fruit Bats for the cave on the farm (The option is given once you reach 25,000 g Total Earnings), doing this makes the Artisan Bundle much easier to complete, as they will drop Pomegranate, Peach, Apple and Orange, meaning you only need to contribute Honey, Jelly or Cheese.
Another tip is to look out for the Travelling Cart on Fridays and Sundays, she sells Apples (500 g) and Pomegranates (420 g), as well as things from the Seasonal Crops, Artisan (Jelly, Honey, Goat Cheese, Truffle Oil, Cloth) and Animal Bundles (Large Eggs, Large Milk, Large Goat Milk, Wool). If you get one piece of fruit from her, you do not even have to plant a fruit tree, however, I have included some information on everything for those that can’t or don’t want to go this route.
• Spring Crops: Parsnip, Green Bean, Cauliflower, Potato
• Quality Crops: 5 x Gold Parsnip
• Summer Crops: Tomato, Hot Pepper, Blueberry, Melon
• Quality Crops: 5 x Gold Melon & Corn
• Fruit Tree: Only one tree is needed. Apricot and Cherry will not work, as the trees need 28 days to grow, so IMO Apple or Pomegranate are the best, as they can be planted toward the end of summer, allowing the most time to save for them and still grow in time, and both fruits are used in other bundles (Fodder and Enchanter)
• Fall crops: Corn, Eggplant, Pumpkin, Yam
• Quality Crops: If you missed either the Parsnips or Melons, then get the Pumpkins, otherwise by now you will be done and have no need.
Animals and Buildings
• Coop (4 k): Chickens (White and Brown are needed) > Large Eggs
• Big Coop (10 K): Ducks > Duck Egg
• Barn (6 k): Cows > Large Milk
• Big Barn (12 k): Goats > Large Goat Milk
Remember to keep the animals happy to increase the chance of getting the large produce.
To get Cloth without needing to upgrade to the Deluxe Barn or Deluxe Coop, you can turn the Soggy Newspaper junk from fishing into it with the Recycling Machine (Fishing Level 4)
You will also need a Beehive (Farming Level 3) to get Honey and a Preserves jar (Farming Level 4) to get Jelly from Fruit.
Here we come to an end for the A Complete Guide To The Greenhouse – Stardew Valley guide. I hope this guide has helped you with your gameplay. If you have something to add to this guide or believe we forgot some information to add, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually by approving them!
- All Stardew Valley Posts List