As I noticed there’s no achievement guide for this game and barely any guides in English at all, I decided to create this one once I managed to collect them all myself
Please keep in mind that this is the first guide I ever write so I apologize if it looks messy or badly structured, I’ll keep updating it through time. I decided to put the achievements in the order that I feel is the best to hunt them, obviously some can be achieved in a different order. Further down I’ll write different advice, tips and about certain missable things throughout the game. Smaller spoilers exists in this guide.
At any rate, have fun playing this game and happy achievement hunting!
Achievements in Episode 1
A Walk in the Forest
Watched the opening event.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, simply watch the opening to get it.
Brew an Antidote.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, brew your first potion to get it.
Brew a Dream Potion.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, brew your second potion to get it.
Defeated the alien.
This achievement can be missed if not done correctly~!!
After Alice gives The Bard her “ramen”, talk to The Bard and agree to take care of the ramen for him. After you’ve picked it up go to the The Scholar and talk to him, he’ll trade his mysterious rock for the ramen. Proceed to the old ruins higher up and place it on the middle pedestal then go to bed to advance time. You’ll wake up night time if done correctly. It’s very important to talk to The Bard first to get a Seaweed Stem otherwise you won’t be able to heal during the battle. Proceed to the ruins and touch the spaceship and the battle will begin. This one is quite odd from the rest of the battles but Mylne will tell you when to do what so it shouldn’t be any problems. Defeat him and complete the event and you’ll get it.
Brew the Arcane Potion, Coldwind Bloom.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, brew your third potion to get it.
Achievements in Episode 2
The Adventure Begins
Entered a dungeon for the first time.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, enter the dungeon for the first time to get it.
Complete the First Layer.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, defeat the boss at the end of the First layer and use the elevator after it to get it.
Enroll in the Training Hall.
In room 7 you’ll encounter a mini boss called Katana, defeat it to obtain the Book of Swordmanship. Next time you’re at the entrace to the dungeon talk to Sparrow Katasurashi who will have appeared by the campfire. Go to his Training Hall and teach yourself your first combo-skill and the achievement is yours. You can get this achievement before completing the first layer also.
Complete the Second Layer.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, defeat the boss at the end of the Second layer and use the elevator after it to get it.
Remnants and Shadows
Defeat subject (Level 99).
This achievement can be missed if not done correctly~!!
This will be the first extra boss to defeat, once you’ve entered the Third layer and reached the part where the road splits into two, pick the right way and keep to the left on it and you’ll eventually fall down a trap hole same as where Luna fell down. Upon falling down you’ll lose 50% of your max HP so I strongly advise to bring healing potions and also buff potions for the fight ahead. Be aware that he has high HP and hits hard so prepare for a lenghty fight.
The rewards you’ll get in the chest ahead can be very good so it’s worth farming him a few times for sure.
Wealth of Knowledge
Open the door to the Reference Room.
This achievement can be missed if not done correctly~!!
While the room is located in the Third Layer the key to it is located in the Second Layer. In the first room in the Second layer proceed ahead and go to the left before the gate to activate a trap hole and fall down into the abyss. Once there go two levels up and to the south corner to find a chest containing the key. BRING A MAGIC KEY as the chest is locked. Once aquired go to the Third Layer – Room 4 and you’ll find a wooden door, unlock it and enter it to get the achievement. You’ll find several locked chests inside which won’t re-spawn so bring at least 6 magic keys before going inside.
Pictures below show the location of the Trap hole, treasure chest and Reference room:
Completed Relics catalogue.
This achievement can be missed if not done correctly~!!
This is the big grinding one which will take at least 1-2 hours of pure farming to get, you’ll want to do the saving and re-loading way a lot to save time before having them examined. Once you’ve reached the bottom of the Third Layer and before going into the teleporter which you need to activate, return to the entrace and check the Relic catalogue to see how many you’ve collected. Yes, you need to find all 10 of the level 1/2/3/4/5 relics to get the achievement and it’s completely random which you’ll get every time you let Rosetta examine them.
Level 1 and level 2 relics can be easiest farmed through the same method, enter the Second Layer and proceed beyond the first room, you need to get to the corrider where there’s a lever you can pull which will either drop down Acorns, Relics or Spike balls, see picture below of exact location:
Only room 2-4 are random so if you reach room 5 without finding it you’ll have to return out to try again. Just keep pulling the lever until you feel you’ve enough to go out and save before turning them in, if you didn’t get the missing ones then return and repeat said action. You’ll end up getting a lot more level 1 then level 2.
Level 3 can easiest be obtained by defeating the boss in the First Layer as the treasure chest will always give a Level 3 relic. Just kill him a few times then do the same as above.
Level 4 is a bit more tedious to grind, they can only be found in the Third Layers pots and treasure chests. Enter the Third Layer and run through it while collecting everything (Sometimes you’ll instead get a level 5 relic.), once you’ve reached room 6 (Same as the tent.) just use the teleporter which will send you back to room 2 again and repeat said action. While the treasure chests won’t respawn the pots will.
Level 5 is easier to farm, both the boss in the Second layer and Subject (Level 99) will always give a Level 5 relic in their treasure chest. While the Second layer boss is faster to kill, Subject (Level 99) gives more exp and better rewards, so the choice is yours who to farm.
A bit of time saving advice, first go farm the level 1 or 2 relics then go for the level 4 relics. The reason why: the enemies in the Third layer will drop level 3 relics and sometimes you’ll instead get level 5 from the pots or chests, so focus only on the Level 4 while doing so and once you’ve finished it go collect the remaining Level 3 and 5 from methods mentioned above.
Complete the Third Layer.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, defeat the boss and you’ll get it.
Achievements in Episode 3 (1/2)
Competent Sword Arm
Successfully parry 100 times.
You’ll naturally aquire this achievement as you progress the story. Parry as often as you can as it’s both needed to survive and avoid having to grind it later. You should get this achievement either on the Fourth or late Third layer.
Slayer of Dozens
Win 100 battles.
You’ll naturally aquire this achievement as you progress the story. You should get this achievement either on the Fourth or late Third layer.
To the Astral Realm
Complete the Fourth Layer.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, defeat the boss and it’s yours.
Defeat a mimic.
One of the more fun enemies to fight. You’ve surely already fallen victim to at least one by now, these creatures are difficult to kill with their far too high HP and high damage. Luckily they’ve a weak point.
Before completinig the Fourth layer it will be almost impossible to kill one but once you’ve defeated the Astral Realm Assa*sin go back into his room (Return to previous room and go down the stairs.) and collect the High Explosive bottle. Then proceed to the warehouse which you visited to help save the Forest Sprite Ghost earlier. Once down there go to the far left and blow up the rock blocking the path and collect the weapon “Staff of the dark hare”. It has a technique called “Gra*s Ambush” which has a chance to stun the enemies in the same way as parrying them. Some enemies are weak to this including Mimics. Once aquired head to any Mimic you’ve left behind (The way to detect them without fighting them is to use Divination then Trap Sense to remove the trap, if it says you failed to remove the trap but Mylne saw something moving then it’s a Mimic) and challenge them.
While most Mimic spawns are random across chests, some will always be one while some can never be one. Examples of set Mimics spawns are the chest closest to the first and second tent in the Fourth layer. If you haven’t left any Mimics behind then just proceed into the Fifth layer until you find one.
Now how to fight them. They’ll either use their normal attacks which is easy to parry, Acid Rain which can’t be avoided but deals low damage or Crustal Movement which will deal 50% of your max HP, and nothing stops them from using this twice in a row, luckily they rarely use it. Do normal attacks as often as possible and parry all their normal attacks, then use Gra*s Ambush whenever you can to heal up or deal higher damage. Be aware, once “Action” has popped up by them and until the last damage from it’s attack has been dealt you cannot stun them this way. Use buff potions, spam Soul Steal to heal and cross your fingers that it won’t spam Crustal Movement too often and you’ll eventually win. The rewards are very high so every Mimic is worth killing.
You’ll encounter Mimics that are a lot more difficult to deal with that has even higher damage, HP, more skills and spams Crustal Movement a lot more in end-game, have fun with that.
Complete the Pirate event.
On Floor 5 you’ll find the pirates hideout, go inside and talk to Flintlock and he’ll ask for your help to find a clue to the treasure he seeks. On the 10th floor you’ll enter a room north east where you can turn on water with a large valve similar to the one you found on the first floor. When you leave the room Mylne will point out that it might be the clue Flintlock was searching for. Proceed normally forward until you find the Basin on the 12th floor then teleport to the 1st floor and go to the 5th floor again and speak to Flintlock (You cannot go back from floor 10 to floor 5 by walking.) Do the whole event and you’ll get the achievement once completed.
Through the Fortress
Conquer the Fifth Layer.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, defeat the boss at the end of the Fifth layer and you’ll get it.
Guider of Souls
Listen to all of Lethe’s performances.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, listen to all of Lethe’s performaces in Episode 3 and you’ll get it.
Once you enter a new room you’ll know if she’s in that room or not. First performance is in 4th layer room 3 and last is in 6th layer room 3. You cannot proceed ahead without listening to them.
Basin of Fate
Activated all of the Basins of Fate.
You’ll naturally aquire this one as you explore the layers, none of them are hidden and should be easy to find. Simply activate them all to aquire this achievement. If you happened to miss any they’re on the following: 4-4, 4-5, 5-1, 5-6, 5-12, 6-1 and 6-6.
Achievements in Episode 3 (2/2)
Back in Time
This one is quite hidden. First you need to go defeat the Astral Realm Assa*sin in his gravestone until he drops the weapon “Decrepit Remnanants”, By upgrading this weapon all the way to level 10 it’ll transform into Yggdrasil and the achievement will be yours.
While you can obtain this weapon earlier, farming enough Valorite ingot is very grindy and not worth it before unlocking the 3rd gravestone which will happen after you defeat the boss in the 6th layer. There’s two bosses after each other but you can return back to do this and the rest of the end-game stuff after defeating the first one by speaking to Lethe.
The easiest way to farm Valorite ingot is by going into the 3rd gravestone and look for a blue stone with sparkles around it which you can mine, it’ll always give you 2 Valorite ingot. Upgrading it from level 9 to 10 has a very low success rate.
Book of Legend
Obtrained the Book of the Sea of Stars.
After defeating the first boss at the end of the 6th layer, return to the start and enter the newly spawned gravestone. Once inside go a bit north to the mine entrace which will have a glow inside of it, go in there and obtain a book (Forgot the name of it.). Once obtained go to the Outcast Hideout (5-12) and talk to the Outcast in there and he’ll trade the book for an Flute. Exit the house and go to south west and pa*s the tent and you’ll find a note on the ground, then play the Flute while standing on it.
(This is the location of the note, I took no photo of it before activating it.)
Doing this will active a boss battle with one of the extra bosses. Caution!!! This boss has very high HP, surely at least a million so prepare for a longer fight. Once defeated return to where the gravestones are and talk to the outcast which will be there. After that enter the new gravestone and you’ll gain access to the extra dungeon.
And again use caution, the enemies attacks very quickly with high damage and will use instant-kill attacks frequently. And to add to that you’ll encounter many Mimics also that are more dangerous then the previous ones.
Work yourself through the dungeon and it’s puzzles and once you’ve solved the riddle with the statues go inside and take the book, the achievement will then be yours.
If you cannot solve the riddle. it’s the following: Starting with the one holding the fire and going clockwise, East, North, South, East, North, South.
Obtained Dotanuki Blade.
This weapon is dropped by Sengoku, the first extra boss which you can obtain by fighting her inside her gravestone. She’s located just beyond where you found the book.
It took me 10 attempts to get the weapon, either I’m unlucky or the chances are low to get it, I don’t know which one it is.
Liberator of Souls
Fully complete the Extra Dungeon.
Once you’ve done everything in Sengoku’s gravestone go to Layer 6 Room 4, it’s the same as where Lethe’s last performance is, go to the most right path and there’ll be a hidden path leading away even further right, see picture below:
Open the treasure chest in the air then proceed further out to an island where another note will be laying on the ground. Equip the Flute and play it while standing on it to encounter the next extra boss.
Use extra caution!!! This will be the hardest boss fight in the game and he has a wide arrangements of attacks. Once defeated head back to the gravestones again and enter the 5th and final one. You’ll now continue exploring the other part of it then enter the inner layer of it.
Beware!! The enemies in here makes the ones in the first floor a joke. They’ve even more HP, different kinds of attacks and will use instant-kill attacks even more frequently. Plus you’ll encounter even more difficult Mimics. I advise to use portable tents to save very often since you won’t really need them any more after this anyways plus you could easily affoard to buy more too.
Battle yourself through the whole dungeon, defeat True Dragon again and watch the whole event in the end and the achievement is yours.
If you’ve trouble defeating him then reading this spoiler might help: His Sonic Wingblades are his most difficult skill to handle and he’ll always begin the fight with it. It always sends your HP down to 1 and the rotating blade will always deal 100 damage to you. After he has activated it, dodge the first two times the blade comes near you normally, on the third time he’ll always use “Dragonic Knight” so you must instead dodge almost too late, wait until he opens his mouth to not dodge too early. Dodge the next rotation normally and the 5th is the most difficult one as he’ll always perform a standard attack. If you dodge the moment the blade is horizontal and press guard at the exact moment your dodge ends you’ll parry his attack and break the rotating blade. Heal up plenty as he has several attacks that can’t be avoided which deals ma*sive damage.
Successfully parry 500 times.
The title explains it perfectly, you’ll most likely have not achieved this by the time of completing all other achievements above and finishing all the quests which is another reason why parrying as often as possible is very important throughout the whole game.
Personally I only had around 20 parrying left to do at this time. While farming for the next achievement you should get it before achieving that one. Otherwise challange one of the bosses and only go for parrying and use weaker special skills to farm it the fastest.
Slayer of Hundreds
Win 1000 battles.
The title explains it perfectly again, you’ll most likely be far away from achieving this one so expect several hours of grinding to get it. Just pick any enemies of your choice, obviously the 4th Layer ones goes the quickest as only 2 attacks are needed to kill them at this time.
If you still wish to obtain more merit points and better drops you can combine it by killing the 6th layer enemies or the ones in the extra dungeons, the choice is yours.
Buy Back Luck Bracelet for 150 silver coins to trigger battles quicker.
Conquer the Sixth layer.
When you feel ready then proceed to challenge the finale boss, watch the ending (Very touching and beautiful!) and the achievement will be yours.
Aquire all achievements.
It perfectly explains itself, simply obtain every other achievement and this one will be yours.
Congratulations, you’ve now done everything in the game and both Mylne and Rosetta are very proud of you. Now go have yourself some cake, you deserved it!
Various advice, tips and other missable things in Episode 1
Smaller spoilers will be written here and further down, proceed only if you don’t mind that!!!
– As the game explains, there’s no need to complete the whole Mushroom quiz and the item you get for doing so makes no difference in the story. Simply do it for fun or if you aim for doing everything in the game.
– It makes no difference story wise which option you pick for Pauline, the outcome for him and the item you get will only be different.
– Catching all 6 different fishes gives nothing special, again only for collecting purposes.
– If you don’t understand why you can’t create Arcane Potion, Coldwind Bloom and instead keep getting the Dream Potion even though you’ve 10 or more ingredients, chanes are you still carry Volatile materials. To get rid of them go speak to the chef in the restaurant and give him ONLY the ones he finds delicious.
Various advice, tips and other missable things in Episode 2
– Rosetta will sell better armor and weapons after you complete the First and Second layer, I recommend buying the new ones always.
– The First layer has some rooms which you can only accessed by finding hidden paths to them. Simply “hug” the walls and you’ll find them.
– One of the rooms with a locked door will give you “Soul Steal”, make sure you do not miss this one.
– After completing this layer and Paladin Gawain gives you his sword, run through this layer again and collect all 12 of the fallen Paladins souls to get “Ruminant Triple Strike”. It’s very powerful and you do not want to miss it. First Paladin can be found in room 7 while the last is in the boss room.
– There’s a Sushi (Fatty Tuna) behind the two teleporters in Room 4. To access it go through the fake wall just behind the Relic pot. See picture below:
– If you can’t figure out how to enter Nicolas Flanel’s room, return to room 6 and go to the right of the campfire where there’s a few book pages laying on the ground to remove a fake wall. Go inside to read the diary, open the vial then speak to Rosetta to get her gemstone. After this you can enter the room. Picture below shows the location of the fake wall:
Various advice, tips and other missable things in Episode 3
– Proceeds with huge caution from now, everything will be a lot more difficult and the enemies will hits like trains or nukes from now on. Read the tutorial throughly.
– It’s recommended after defeating every boss to go and kill them a few times to get some better equipment. Every boss has a rare weapon, armour and head piece to drop.
– If you prefer the more safe approach I would recommend using the Staff of Dark Hare all the time. Even with it’s low attack that stun chance can save you many times. Besides if you encounter a Mimic without it you need lots of luck to win.
– Always have Soul Steal equipped, it saves you from wasting too much materials and silver coins on healing potions. For the second one either use Chaotic Flurry which has the highest damage or Dig Me No Grave. While Dis Me No Grave is weaker it has a chance to reload every time you shoot it. If you combine it with Charge Up there’s no limit to how many times you can reload it. My record is 12 times in one action.
– After finishing a layer go back and finish any killing quest you would still have left before proceeding ahead. That extra Exp and book pages will make the next layer easier. Plus it saves you from doing more grinding later on.
– Spend every merit point you get ONLY to level up Rosetta, it’ll help greatly in every way possible. Even if you kill every Mimic you encounter she won’t reach level 99 until somewhere in the extra dungeon actually.
– The sole purpose of Medals are to be sold only. But only sell them when you actually need the silver coins since you won’t lose them when fainting compared to silver coins.
– The best way to farm silver coins is by buying a Fortune Ring and attack Golden Leaves. One always spawns in 5-6. Keep battling it until it doesn’t spawn and complete the different requests it has during battle. Sometimes you’ll get 10 silver coins from it and sometimes 200+.
– If you wish to farm materials the best way for that is bushes found in the Fourth and Fifth layer or the various spots you can harvest in gravestones including stones, mushrooms and trees.
– Once you obtain the High Explosive Bottle, go back and blow up all the obstacle previously stopping you from entering certain places.
– You might’ve seen a book out in the air down in the warehouse, you can get to it from the area where you were walking in the air. At one place there’s a book page laying on the ground, simply go North East from it to obtain it. See picture below:
– If you cannot solve the riddle in Room 6, it’s Skeletown Resident D. Solving it will give you Apollo’s Ring which will results in the archers only dealing 1 damage to you while guarding in the boss fight.
– There’s several hidden paths here where you can walk in the air to get to, make sure to examine all edges to find them all.
Can be used both inside and outside of battle for healing. This one is worth getting to level 3, while Soul Steal will do most of the healing job this one is almost a must for the tougher bosses once your HP reaches high. It’ll recover 200, 500 and 1000 HP while remaining fairly cheap.
Rather pointless to get especially since it must be activated using food. Running through a Miasma will make you lose 200 HP which isn’t much at all even early on. Simply use a Soul Steal to heal instead.
You would want to get this one to level 2 at least rather early, the amount of food being used is lowered with 2 for each level which is very helpful.
Pointless to even get, makes you lose less HP once you run out of food. You should never make that happen anyways and return to the start when you’re running low instead.
This skill is a must to have, it’s the only way to spot Mimics and even at level 1 it’ll remove traps with a high chance. Get it as your third skill.
The first skill you’ll get, even the game tells you so. Keep upgrading it to the next level for every layer you progess or you’ll have to struggle to open chests.
Just like with Trap Sense, get this one as your second skill and avoid chests with traps until you can use Trap Sense on them.
There’s no point in getting this, you don’t need less encounters for every reason there is. Skip this one.
Almost pointless to have, keys are only 2 silver coins each and you’ll find them very often anyways. Besides, if you ever run out of them just return to base or use Unlock instead.
It increases your defense in battle with 10 for each level. Get level 1 when you can since it’s only 1 AP anyways. I would recommend not bothering with level 2 and 3 until you’ve spare points since you’re not supposed to be hit anyways.
Blade Master’s Insight
Don’t know how much it increases for every level but at level 3 it gives +150 attack. You should focus on getting it to level 3 rather early to make battles go faster.
This one raises the drop chance for every enemy in-game. It’s worth investing points in also rather early on for obvious reasons.
A bit tricky one. Every time you stun an enemy Rosetta will be able to use an Relic to deal damage. It’s random if she’ll use an level 1, 2 or 3 Relic even at Level 3. The damage is insane however, we’re talking about like 7000, 20000 and 60000 in damage difference between the levels. Bit of a gamble one, but absolutely worth increasing.
This one increases Rosettas basic attack. Clearly worth investing in if you don’t have her only for healing.
With this one you’ll start with 3/6/10 TP. Get it to level 1 at least as soon as you get Staff of the Dark Hare so you can start those Mimics fight with a stun for buffing up yourself. Worth going for level 2 also.
Exact same opinion as for Self-Defense. This one must be activated in battle however so only will be used for boss battles. I would recommend leaving this one for a bit later.
This one will boost your attack very much during battle when activated. It literally says “Recieve Godlike Attack” at level 3 in-game. It’s very expensive at level 3, a whole of 300 Food. Could be worth going for level 2 kinda early on but leave that level 3 until you feel you can affoard it.
For just 20 food this one will increase the chances of reloading Dig Me No Grave. Once used it must be re-activated in battle. Only get it if you plan of using Dig Me No Grave. It’s another gambling skill that may or may not pay off. Thanks to it I could finish a Mimic off in one turn.
– Drinking tea in the Training Hall will give you an effect that lasts for a long time, but I don’t know what it even does, if it even does anything at all.
– The Hastening Elixir says that it will boost your speed for 3 minutes, even the bunny that gives you it in the First Layer says so. However it lasts far longer then that, up to 20 minutes instead. No idea if bug or intended.
– There seems to be a hidden quest that requires you to get a total of 100 AP points (Not at the same time) which will rewards you with 10 book pages. It can’t be found in the quest list menu.
– The chance to trigger a 2nd combo, meaning being able to do a three attack combo is horribly low, even in training mode. I spent 10 minutes of constant attacking before I could even learn it.
– Normal attacks are hard capped at 3000, meaning all skills that does your normal attack damage x something can never go above 30000 on each hit.
That should be everything, If you’ve any questions or would like me to cover something more then please don’t hesitate to comment and I’ll answer as soon as I can.
And lastly, thank you for using my guide and I hope you can come to enjoy and love this game to at least 1% of how much I did! 💜
This is all we can share for Achievement and various advice guide – Märchen Forest for today. I hope you enjoy the guide! If you have anything to add to this guide or we forget something please let us know via comment! We check each comment! Don’t forget to check SteamClue.com for MORE!
- All Märchen Forest Posts List