A detailed achievement guide and walkthrough to get you your 100% as quickly and effortlessly as possible. Step by step instructions.
Estimated difficulty: 3.5/10.
Estimated 100% time: ~10-15 hours.
Offline/online achievements: 17 offline / 0 online.
Number of playthroughs: 2 if you use separate saves, 5 if you don’t.
Glitched achievements: None.
Missable Achievements: 11. A Bee I Am Not, Sugary Gold Rush, Worth Something to Someone, A World Without Joy, Happiness Restored, A World Without Sorrow, Sorrow Restored, One True Soma, Timeless Crusade, A Story Torn Apart, The Hero and the Demon.
Step 1 – Play through until you have to collect the 6th orb
Play through the story however you see fit while only collecting orbs of one type (Joy/Sorrow). The reason we’re not mixing is so we can set up 2 saves to reduce the amount of required playthroughs we need. If you don’t want to use multiple saves then just go for whatever ending you like
Step 2 – Finish NG
After being asked to collect the 6th orb make 2 separate saves. On one save we’re going to grab all 6 of one orb type. On the other we’re going to grab the opposite type of orb as our last. So if you have 5 Joy, grab Sorrow or vice versa. Now take both saves to the end.
Step 3 – NG+ Dungeon
After getting your initial 2 endings start NG+ and complete the bonus new bonus dungeon as soon as you load in. Make sure to read the section for The Hero and the Demon as this is both difficulty dependent and missable.
Step 4 – NG+ and clean up
After completing the NG+ dungeon you should be ~level 25 and haver some powerful gear. This will help you speedrun your last 3 endings. Make sure to play up to Maltose Mines only grabbing the opposite type of orb from your first playthrough. Make a save just before the boss for the True End, then do the opposite endings from Step 1.
Tips & Tricks
- If you want to make your life easy, just play on Easy until you’re outside the secret boss door for The Hero and the Demon.
- As long as you go up ~4 levels per area you should be more than fine to handle the bosses.
- Save all of your Super Muffins, Frozen Muffins, and Moon Candy for The Puppeteer. They can save you in a pinch.
- I suggest having 6 Sorrow orbs be your “main” file that you take into NG+. The weapon you get from it is pretty powerful and will help Heart do a good amount of damage.
- While many of the achievements are easy to earn, you become locked from backtracking at the end of the game, thus making many technically missable.
Heir to the Forest Complete Mysterious Woods
At the end of Mysterious Woods you’ll have to fight Acre. I fought him at level 4 and was able to roll him. He’s weak to fire in Sorrow, and ice in Joy.
Boxiest Brand in the Land Complete Box World.
I fought this boss at level 8 and had minimal issues. Attack it with lightning while your support alternates between regular attacks and healing as necessary. If your HP dips too low don’t forget to use Heal More.
Seasonal Solace Complete Freezing Fjord.
I fought the boss here at level 12. This one could be tricky on the higher difficulties as it didn’t seem to have an elemental weakness and can hit multiple times per turn. My best advice is to lower his attack power if you can, and keep your support on healing duty throughout the majority of the fight. Have your other character using any More spell that isn’t ice.
Goodbye Dental Plan Complete Maltose Mines
You should be somewhere around 16+ going into this boss fight. Regardless, this boss isn’t too difficult. Start by targeting the arms so you have less damage coming in while you focus the main boss. Once both arms are down have your damage dealer casting their strongest Most spell while your support heals/buffs/attacks as necessary.
Spooky Spectres Complete Phantasmal Chasm
Reaching this boss at 20+ will be more than enough. The boss is weak to fire, so either have Heart cast Most Blaze, or have Soul infused with fire and casting Fire Charge for increased damage. The boss will buff its damage twice. I suggest also having Soul cast attack down on it if you can, as the boss chain hits.
Timeless Crusade Settle the score with the Cooler Crusader.
The first time you can fight the Cooler Crusader is after grabbing the Spring Key. Wen you go to walk away a staircase will appear. Go down to begin the fight. Simply keep casting fire on him for a few rounds. I’m not sure if this fight is required to find him later on for the achievement.
The second time you fight him is in Shaydo’s house in Phantasmal Chasm. Enter the top right door and navigate to the end of the room to find him. Have Heart dealer cast Spark/Blaze Most and the fight will be trivial.
The 3rd and final time is in NG+. As soon as you start up your new playthrough a purple door will appear when Heart wakes up. Go into it to access a new dungeon, but be warned that you’ll be stuck in here until you finish the dungeon. Take this time to level up to ~25. The final fight against Cooler Crusader is honestly pretty simple. Just keep spamming Blaze/Shock/Gale Most while your other party member attacks and heals as necessary.
A Story Torn Apart Defeat The Puppeteer.
The Hero and the Demon Defeat The Puppeteer on Hero difficulty on the first New Game+.
After defeating the Cooler Crusader for the 3rd time a door will open behind him. Take this time to heal up, restock any consumables, make sure you have your best gear equipped, and that you’re ~level 25. Before going through the door also make sure to set your difficulty to Hero and save. You can change the difficulty freely in the options menu.
Once you enter, you will begin the fight with the Puppeteer. You have 30 rounds to defeat him. I attempted him at level 24 and it required 26 rounds. I had to be pretty aggressive and get a bit lucky with what attacks he threw out. My strategy was to constantly barrage him with Blaze and Gale More until I needed to heal. Soul was my perma-healer, and Heart never stopped attacking since his magic power was higher than Souls. If things are desperate use Mega Muffins, or Moon Candies. There were a few times during the fight where these not only saved my a*s, but allowed me to get a round or 2 of attacking with both characters. As long as you get dialogue from The Puppeteer every 10 rounds you’re safe. He will give 2 dialogue prompts and then be defeated on the third. If you’re struggling, lower the difficulty down and grind out a level or 2.
The achievement description says you need to do this on your first NG+ cycle, so make sure to get it out of the way and not potentially add another run to your total.
There are 5 endings in the game and there’s 2 ways to tackle these. You can either do 2 full playthroughs, or all 5. If you want to do it in 2 I’ll detail my personal strategy.
- Play through the game only collecting 1 type of orb until you’re asked to collect the 6th and final orb. Make 2 saves outside of Heart’s house. On one save the 6th orb will be the same type you collected all game. On the other save you’re going to grab the opposite type of orb. Take both of these saves to the end of the game.
- Start up NG+ and play through to Maltose Mine after completing the NG+ dungeon. The reason we’re doing the dungeon first is so we’re a higher level and have stronger gear. This will help us speedrun NG+. During this run be sure to only collect the opposite type of orb from playthrough 1.
- Once you’re outside the Maltose Mines boss arena make a new save file. This will be our True End save we come back to later.
- Continue to play through NG+ only collecting one type of orb (opposite the orb you collected in NG) until you’re asked to collect the 6th orb. Again, make a new save so we can get the opposite achievements from NG. Take these 2 saves to the end.
- Finally, load up your True End save back at Maltose Mine. This time, collect 3 of the opposite orb. You need 3 Joy and 3 Sorrow at the end.
Shifting Fate Complete the game with any ending.
As the achievement states, simply earn any of the 5 endings.
One True Soma Complete the True Ending.
In order to achieve the True Ending you need to have 3 Joy orbs and 3 Sorrow orbs at the end.
A World Without Joy Complete Ending 1.
In order to achieve this ending you need to have 6 Joy orbs at the end.
Happiness Restored Complete Ending 2.
In order to achieve this ending you need to have either 4 Joy orbs and 2 Sorrow orbs, or 5 Joy orbs and 1 Sorrow orb at the end.
A World Without Sorrow Complete Ending 3.
In order to achieve this ending you need to have 6 Sorrow orbs at the end.
Sorrow Restored Complete Ending 4.
In order to achieve this ending you need to have either 4 Sorrow orbs and 2 Joy orbs, or 5 Sorrow orbs and 1 Joy orb at the end.
Worth Something to Someone Redeem all 10 Sun Medals.
- After going through a red portal you’ll be at the base of a cliff with sets of stairs on it. Don’t go up yet, instead go left across the bridge.
- Head back to the cliff and climb up the stairs. Don’t enter the portal here. Instead, go down the next staircase and loop around to the back to find a beehive. Enter the portal here and go down from the chest.
- After meeting Cardboard Bob you’ll have to complete a lever puzzle. After solving it, cross the last bridge while in the Joy world to find the medal to the left.
- After getting past the 3rd Lock Guard you will walk down a hall with red carpet. Enter the Sorrow world at the end and head back to where the Guard was. you should spot the Medal below you as you cross the hall.
- After building the ice cube NPC he will build a bridge for you to cross. In the next area is an ice path leading to the Blizzard Queens castle. Check to the left of the path to find the medal tucked behind the trees.
- After meeting the Wizard for the first time, follow him down to find him talking to a snowman. Enter the portal nearby to go into the Sorrow world and backtrack to where you first met him. Continue going up and to the right across a bridge to find the medal.
- After meeting the Foreman for the 2nd time he’ll tell you the story of what happened to his wife. From here stay in the Sorrow world and explore until you find where the first TNT cart is. The medal is above the cart to the right. You’ll know it’s the correct cart because the elevator will be to the right of it.
- Next, follow the tracks to the wall we need to blow up with TNT. Enter the Joy world and head back to where we talked to the Foreman. The medal will be in plain view next to an enemy. You can’t miss it.
- Go through the first area a bit until you come across a coffin with an exclamation point. It will tell you you need a key. While in the Joy world, go to the right of the coffin for the medal.
- Enter Shaydo’s house, enter the Sorrow world, and head back outside to find the final medal.
Once you have all 10, turn them in to the coin outside of Form’s temple.
A Bee I Am Not Show a profound appeciation for nature.
Early into the Mysterious Woods you will come across a bee hive that will restore your HP/MP. If you go into the Sorrow world you will get stung. Keep getting stung until you get a choice to kick it. Choose that and the achievement will unlock.
Sugary Gold Rush Defeat a Penny Candy or Pouty Candy
Very rarely an enemy blob will turn gold. Walk up to one to initiate a battle with a Penny/Pouty Candy and kill it for the achievement.
Here we come to an end for the Achievement Guide – Soma Spirits: Rebalance guide. I hope this guide has helped you with your gameplay. If you have something to add to this guide or believe we forgot some information to add, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually by approving them!
- All Soma Spirits: Rebalance Posts List
Leave a Reply