The Core Basics and Tips you might not have noticed or be aware of on your first run.
What is a Recipe
So you want to start a Restaurant? What did you plan on selling? Have you made a Recipe yet?
Oh is this why you’re here? Well let’s get started then. First lets start with a Recipe.
This is an Example of a Decent Quality Dish. Why you ask? Look at all those Ingredients.
- First Tip – Number of Ingredients make up the Quality of the Recipe.
Slap this thing on your Menu and you’re ready to sell something.
So you call that a dish?
The Customers Might say otherwise. Are you worried about any reviews you might get on it?
Well you should be. So let’s talk about Customers.
Every Customer has their own list of Likes and Dislikes and you need to tailor your menu to meet the Customers taste if you wish to get a 5 STAR review.
By clicking on Customers you can view their Likes, Dislikes and Traits.
Each of these will influence how they will leave a review.
- For EACH Liked Item in the Order they made will improve the review.
- For EACH Disliked Item in the Order they made will worsen the review.
- Traits will affect their mood and temper influencing the review in different ways
At the bottom of your Recipe it will show a list of Tags that are in the Recipe.
These tags can show up in Likes and Dislikes of Customers.
Make sure you get those Orders to customers pronto.
At the top of the Recipe it will show both the cost of the recipe to make and the time it takes to cook the Recipe.
Customers will also influence their review based on the price of the dish they ordered.
You can see the recommended mark up price by hovering over your Rating.
- Whether an item is Cheap or Expensive will Influence the Review of the Customer.
Now you can make a Dish for the Pickiest of Patrons.
Pretty Establishment==Good Review
Now that we have a Decent Recipe for Customers to Order let’s take a Look at your Restaurant.
In this view by clicking the STAR at the top right you can see the Decor influence values.
- Green is Pretty
- Yellow is OK
- Red is Ugly
All you need to know here is keep your Customers in the Green and you’ll get better Reviews.
So now your place is getting popular and thus busy and your not sure if you’ll be able to keep up during these busy times?
Well this is where you YELL at your employees to pick up the pace.
Both Servers and Cooks can be instructed to increase or decrease the Effort they put into a Work Station.
- Increased Effort will allow for better reviews at the expense of Stress and Time
- Decreasing Effort will decrease the Time and reduce the Stress of Task at the expense of Quality
- Getting Orders served quicker can improve the Review and thus negate the Quality lost
Clean Establishment==Good Review
So now that you can handle a full Restaurant you have a mess you need to clean up.
You can a*sign people to clean specific zones you a*sign at the bottom.
Think of this as it’s own Work Station.
Instead of Effort, Threshold will tell your customers how dirty a cell needs to be to clean it.
- Cleaner the place is the better your Reviews will be.
- Prioritize zones by giving them different Thresholds at which they should be cleaned.
- Assign Employees to only clean to keep up with busy periods of the day.
- Keep Bathrooms clean first to reduce the chance of clogged toilets I recommend 90% Threshold.
Keep your place clean to get a good score from Health Inspectors and keep Rats away.
Now that you got your Restaurant up and running successfully don’t you think it’s time to Assign some nice Attire instead of those street clothes they wear all the time?
In the Staff view you can both create groups to Organize Employees and Edit their uniform for the group they are a*signed too.
First to edit the group, use the box next to the X to change the group color and Uniform.
Second is to Create a Uniform and choose it among the list available.
Now you have a Stylish crew.
The workshop is a great place to find both Recipes People have made and Uniforms that Others have designed. I would greatly recommend checking out the content on there and even upload your own stuff to it.
I have even made my own collection of appetizer recipes if you would like to check them out.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2740349633 – [steamcommunity.com]
Here we come to an end for the Beginners Guide to Success – Recipe for Disaster guide. I hope this guide has helped you with your gameplay. If you have something to add to this guide or believe we forgot some information to add, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually by approving them!
- All Recipe for Disaster Posts List