Here are some crafting tips I hope to make crafting more enjoyable.
Guide Last Updated on Version 0.91.56 (August 16, 2022).
Complete Guide to Mining
The game is in Early Access, so the final release will likely change these tips. Despite our best efforts to keep it updated, the guide may not be up-to-date.
Ideal Mining Characters:
– Race: Grey Elf or Sun Elf for +2 innate Intelligence
– Cla*s, Powerful Wizard for additional feats or maximum Intelligence
(1 Skill Focus: Blacksmithing)
(2 – Skill focus: Craft (Weaponsmithing e17Y
(3- Skill Orient: Craft (Armorsmithing)
(4- Skill focus: Craft (Magic Equipment))
(5 – Skill Focus: Craft (Wondrous Item)
– Item – Something with +Intelligence (() They don’t stack so you should use the highest)
If you already have a save, but need to get some optimized crafters,
(1: Get to town with Adventurer's Guild Substitute Character service
(2) – Buy Substitute characters slots if necessary (1000, 4000 or 9000 Gold pieces for the first three slots)).
(3: Move an older character into Substitutecharacter storage
(4 – Recruit either Grey Elf of Sun Elf (doesn’t make a difference which cla*s; higher levels are more)).
(5: Go to Town with any Adventurer's Guild
(6 – Right click the icon for the new recruit to select "Retrain", which will reset your character's level to 1 and allow to choose the cla*s.
(7 – Goto character profile and select level [+] icon. This will bring back all the levels.
The in-game tutorial explains how Crafting Skills can all be learned at any town that has an Artisan's Guild. The Artisan's Guild can provide training in Woodcutting, Mining, Blacksmithing, Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing, Magic Equipment Crafting, and Wondrous Item Crafting. This is for a small fee (200 Gold Pieces). Artisan's towns have an icon with the crossed tools over blue banner, shown by their town name. This icon can also be clicked when you visit the town to access the training menu (seen in the bottom right corner when you are inside the town)). It is limited to three characters (1 and 2 a*sistants) that can both craft simultaneously. There is no benefit beyond what you have chosen to be crafters.
The following towns have Artisan's Guilds
- Bertbury (Mid-Southeast Bertbury)
- Ironthorns NW (
- San Ayrr Central ()
- Whitehawk City (Northeaste17Y
The Artisan's Guild icons should not be confused for the Adventurer's Guild icons (cross swords over yellow flag below). These icons provide Disable Device Training, Open Lock training, and/or Substitute characters.
Select two Assistants and the Main Crafter
Once you have taught your characters crafting skills you can choose the main and two a*sistant crafters by opening the Skill Menu located at the bottom right of screen (. Next, select the party symbol in the top left (. This icon is often the default).
Scroll down until reaching the section (party crafting skills early game example. This window shows, left to right, Intelligence icon which indicates that this stat provides a bonus modifier for increasing Intelligence, Crafting icons and effective party crafting skill ranks. Last, the character with highest skill level in large box (is not the main miner. The large box shows the five crafting skills with the same main crafter. However the large one shows a different crafting rank than the main crafter of two of the skills.
To select which characters will be used to craft, click on the Skill Users Icon at bottom left after you have selected the Party Crafting Skill. The primary crafter (single punch) will be the first, while the a*sistants will be (green fingers shaking).
Breakdown of Crafting Skill Info Window
For a more detailed crafting plan, you can hover over the party crafting skills section. Here is an example with Blacksmithing (.
- Crafting Type – Blacksmithing
- Skill Rank – Current rank / Maximum rank
- The following is a breakdown of how that skill rank was calculated. Proficiency Rank (() ranks are achieved by crafting). Assigned Rank (() term for maximum skill rank,). Intelligence Modifier (() boosts rank due) main crafter's intelligence level. Finally, additional bonuses applied (Skills Focus feat is currently the only additional bonus that can be applied towards crafting skills).
- Proficiency points: Current progress towards reaching the next proficiency rank
- Key Ability (- This time, we are just showing which stat enhances this skill) : Intelligence
- This cla*s skill (is for characters who can learn it: Fighter, Cleric and Wizard, Sorcerer. Rogue, Barbarians Monk, Paladins Ranger, Druids. Dwarven Defender
- Special: Tutors (must learn skill at Artisan's guild). Only (can craft without skill rank 1 – and 3 maximum combining user (1 main crafter and 2 support)).
- You can get +3 crafting rank by selecting the Feat: "Skill Focus (Blacksmithing)".
Increase your crafting skill
There are two main ways you can increase your crafting skill. (proficiency only increases your crafting skill level by). (non-proficiency immediately increases your crafting skill level by).
Bonus for Proficiency Based Crafting Skill
- +3 Bonus Assignment for Initial Skill Points
- +1 Skillpoint Assignment per Character Level
- i.e. +4 at level 1, +5 at level 2, +6 at level 3, etc
Note: Proficiency increases are permanent, meaning you don't have to reearn them. However, proficiency lost due to skill reset can be used only until the max proficiency is regained.
Non-Proficiency Based Crafting Skill Rewards:
- + Crafting Rank Based on Intelligence Level
- +3 Crafting Ranking by selecting the appropriate skill focus: Craft feat
Note: Maximizing The Non-Proficiency based Crafting Skill Bonuses before crafting proficiency is extremely important. A 100% success ratio for the training activities below will greatly reduce the amount consumed and increase the level of proficiency. The best way to craft training is to set up everything so that you can successfully complete the training activities. The more difficult crafting tiers are more costly and require a lot less rare materials. The majority of the time, the experience gained by making very expensive items is not worth as much as the training activities. The following training activities can be used to improve your crafting skills.
I recommend using batch crafting as much possible for the below training activities. The bulk of the time can be saved by having enough materials to craft at most 100 items (. Magic equipment, wondrous and other items will take longer. It takes just a few moments and cycles through each of the 100 crafts one at a. The batch feature allows you to go do something for a while, then come back to the game when the crafting is done.
Blacksmithing also features the Volume Production feature that allows for crafting in groups of 10 at a given time with a higher DC requirement. This makes crafting 10x quicker, as discussed below.
Blacksmithing Proficiency training
Also, it is recommended that you increase your base Blacksmithing Skill by increasing Intelligence. (is the easiest way to increase Intelligence.) is the best way to increase your Intelligence granting items) until you can craft DC12 blacksmithing items with a minimum of 100% success. You can also craft other items at these stages but the products generated here are for training Weaponsmithing.
Stage 1: DC 12 Blacksmithing
- Task 1 – Mine 400x Sandstone.
- Task 2 – Chop 200x Wood -> Make 100x Charcoal. 2400 Proficiency per 100x Batch
After 1-2 cycles DC 12 Blacksmithing or if your DC 15 Blacksmithing Items are 100% successful, you can move onto Stage 2.
Stage 2: DC 15 Blacksmithing:
- Task 1 – Mine 200x Coal -> Make 100x Coke. -> 3000 Proficiency Per 100x Batch
- Task 2 – Mine 200x Slate -> Make 100x Coarse Grindstone.
If you have completed at least 1-2 cycles with DC 15 Blacksmithing, then you can move onto Stage 3.
Stage 3: DC 18 Blacksmithing:
- Task 1 – Mine 100x coal + 100xcharcoal made above the) -> Create 100x coke -> 3600 proficiency per 100x batch
- Task 2 – Mine 200x Iron Ore + 100x Limestone + (100x Coke made above).
To make enough materials for Weaponsmithing Training, you can repeat the activities. Weaponsmithing will require Blacksmithing Skill Level 1. It is best to use Blacksmithing to prepare to Weaponsmithing.
- Once DC 20 Blacksmithing achieves a 100% success rate, then you can switch to DC 20Coke Recipe to increase your proficiency: 100xCoal +100x Wood -> 100xCoke = 4000 Proficiency
Exclusive Blacksmithing Feature: 10x faster (real time). It takes half as long to make items ten per turn instead of one per time. This comes at the cost to increasing DC requirement by 5.
Final Stage: Volume Product (VP)
- Stage 1: DC 17 VP Recipes (instead DC 12).
- Stage 2: DC 20 VP Recipes (instead DC15)
- Stage 3: VP Recipes DC23 (instead DC18)
- Stage 4: DC 25 VP Recipe (instead DC 20 –
Weaponsmithing Proficiency Course
Armorsmithing Proficiency Training
Training in Magic Equipment Proficiency
Wonderous Item Proficiency Training
Crafting has many benefits
This is all we can share for Complete Guide to Crafting – Low Magic Age for today. I hope you enjoy the guide! If you have anything to add to this guide or we forget something please let us know via comment! We check each comment! Don’t forget to check SteamClue.com for MORE!
- All Low Magic Age Posts List