A quick guide on routing so IC trains can pa*s through a station while commuter trains can stop there.
You can use routing sensors to make through and stopping platforms at a station with four tracks.
- Make a signal and routing sensor that works on its own (red circle)
- Set up the routing sensor, so trains going to Soltysowice go through platform 4. (orange line)
- Others should go to platform 2 (red line)
Anyone who wants to stop at Soltysowice will do so on the outside platform. IC trains, on the other hand, will keep going.
If you have space, you can chain a routing sensor and arrival sensor together to allow IC trains to pa*s through while allowing commuter trains to head to their allocated platform.
- Create an arrival sensor, routing into the stopping platforms. (The sensor at the start of the orange lines in the example, routing to platforms 6-8)
- Create an auto signal and routing sensor. Set the station as a destination and route trains that want it to the arrival sensor. Set the ‘Others to’ to route IC trains through a platform.
You can create multiple pa*s through platforms. In this example, trains wanting Wroclaw Glowny will be sent to the arrival sensor (orange lines), trains for Smardzow and Brochow will be sent to the next routing sensor and then sent through either platform 5 or 10 (red lines).
I hope you enjoy the Creating pa*s-through routes – Rail Route guide. This is all for now! If you have something to add to this guide or forget to add some information, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually!
- All Rail Route Posts List