Easter Eggs and References found in Postal Brain Damaged…’cause we obviously don’t have anything better to do…
WARNING: WILL contain spoilers… and references…also we are absolutely sure the guide is FAR from full of all of them, any sugestions? let us know!
Level 01 – Straight Outta Suburbia
Hoarding toilet paper
There is a House on the left to the one the player starts in wich is filled with lots of toilet paper.
- Most likely a reference to the toilet paper shortage of 2021.
It’s a Dopefish
In the Secret inside the “toilet house” you can find a picture of “Dopefish”
- Dopefish is a character from.I.D Software’s game Commander keen.
Tall vampire Lady
In the House where the player optains the Yellow key there is a Secret next to it behind some boxes featuring a giant hat and dress along with a big willie.
- This is a s*xual reference to Lady Dimitrescu the “tall vampire lady” from Capcom’s Resident Evil: Village
In one of the house you can find corpses with green gems stuck in their heads.
- A reference to the life simulator The Sims where the gem is shown as indicator above the characters heads.
Level 02 – The Bareback Redemption
That one Postal game
In the office where the player optains the blue key is a strongly pixelated picture of the Postal Dude.
- This Picture shows the cover of that one Postal game peoples like to call 4
Don’t press the shiny red button
Later in the level you are forced to press a red button labeled “do not click” to continue.
- This joke also reapears in Level 12 – Sniffing In The VIP Area
Level 03 – T-Day
- The name of the level T-Day is a reference to the real life events of WW2 named D-Day.
Those Mexicans are gonna pay
- The oversized borderwall is a reference to a real life event of Donald Trump‘s own megalomania wall project.
Somewhere later in the level you might come across a poster like the one shown below.
- The Poster shows Zan, the protagonist of the video game Hedon Bloodrite.
Level 04 – Bigger On The Inside
It is Wednesday, Postal Dude
Right on the start of the level after you lowered the bridge you can gain access to an easter egg by Hook your self up to the middle platform above the electric gate, then jump on one of the ledges on the side and use the switches on both sides.
Now a door on the the ceiling above the bridge you lowered has opened and you can hook yourself up there revealing an secret and a picture of an frog.
- This is a reference to the “It Is Wednesday My Dudes” meme.
Interacting with it on any other day than wednesday grants you the achievement:
Interacting with it on an Wednesday will grants you the achievement:
and also triggers a secret event where dancing civilians appears with remix of an parody of that meme.
What in the hay
At the end of the level after the shootout you can see signs that lead you to jump into hay on the ground, with sings what looks like a hooded dude.
- This is a Reference to the video game Assa*sins Creed.
Level 05 – Black Friday Showdown
Before entering the final fight of this episode take a closer look at the stores name.
- …and the sub titel below gives some SS vibes… yikes.
As you propably noticed the final boss of this episode is a “Karen”
- “Karen” is a meme that descripe woman with specific behavour, the description often contains the phrase “let me speak to the manager” which you also will hear ingame.
Level 06 – All Are Mad Here, Dude
The gun knows
The intro cutscene to this level and therefore to the 2nd episode makes a parody of one of Dudes most famous lines “Only my weapon understands me”
The world hungers
The level description in the loading screen is a reference to Postal 1 where the first level starts with the same line.
- He also mentioned to be “locked up again” what seems to be a reference to the ending of Postal 1 as well.
Early in the game when you search the different rooms you might come across a drawing of krotchy along with other characters.
- All of them seem to represents postal characters such as “The Dude”, “Talibans” and “Protestors”
Might & Magazine
In another room in the corner you can read the words “Might & Magazines”.
- A reference to Might and Magic
Hands of the Wall
Near the end of the level you will come across a wall with hands sticking out.
- Might be a cla*sical horror element for the dark themed level but also possible a reference leading back to the movie “Repulsion” from 1965.
Level 07 – Definitions Of Insanity
Leap of hay
Like Level 04 – Bigger on the Inside the game brings back the jump from a wooden ledge into hey, inspired by the Assa*sin Creed games.
After Jumping down into the hay you can find a maze like area next to the valve with a dead werewolf of the video CROSSBOW: Bloodnight in it.
Level 08 – Search For The Cure
The level description making a reference to the famous “chest burst” scene from the Alien movie from 1979.
- Noteable that besides 2 alien spawns in Level 07 – Definition of Insanity they mainly start appearing since this level.
This is a reference to the famous “UFO” crash of roswell that turned out be a Weather Balloon.
- The joke starts a few steps further when the player has to actually navigate through an crashed UFO.
The Level is designed like the world from the video game gothic from pyranha bytes a german developed game from 2001
Level 09 – Area 69
Naughty Level Name
- The Level name is a reference to the famous Area 51 base and turned it into a s*x joke.
Postal 2 elevator music
- Early in the level you will find yourself in 2 long elevator rides which one of them is actually using Postal 2‘s “Map screen” background music.
Level 10 – S.I.P.
The whole level is just a “simple” room where you fight a monster that is actually meant to be the Corona Virus and funny enough the level soundtrack is given some asian flare as reference to its Origin.
Level 11 – Fluffy Friends Festival O’ Fun
The Level takes place on the #F4 video game convention wich is a reference to E.3 expo.
Video game References
This level is filled with dozends of references or even real Ads for other video games.
- Blood West
- Jupiter Hell
- CROSSBOW: Bloodnight
- RWS last Postal game
- DAMN: Holy Sh*t
- Is a reference to the video game Doom using Brain Damaged arts.
- The game is Postponed
- Is a reference to the video game Cyberpunk
- This is also a reference to the meme “Piper perri Sourrunded”
Level 12 – Sniffing In The VIP Area
VALVe’s hidden Half-Life 3 copy
Later in the game you come across a office complex named “Vulva” which is yet another naughty reference to the game company VALVe
A few minutes later you will be able to break into “Vulva’s” vault and find a copy of Half-Life 3 which is a meme where peoples still hoping for another sequel to the series main story.
- To Actually gain acess to the vault itself you have to activate yet another “VALVe”
Don’t press the shiny red button #2
Like mentioned in Level 02 – The Bareback Redemption the button reference to Postal III reapears.
Level 13 – Bozo’s Race Into Space
The level description mention the 3rd level of the video game Blood.
- The name of the level is a reference to Amazon‘s CEO Jeff Bezos which approach a private flight into space.
Advertising done Right
Most of the Ads. you see in this level are references to Real life Ads:
- Funny enough the name is refering to the Dude and shows the Penetrator arrows.
Level 14 – Duskstar
The whole level is suppose to be the Death Star from the Star Wars movies.
Near the end of the level you can ride a lift up to a control room where you fire the space stations weapon onto earth.
- This is a reference to the Death Star‘s weapon wich is able to destroy whole planets but instead of destroying earth the player can turn it into a “Flat Earth” instead.
Level 15 – Cruel Dude Thesis
The level seems to be hardly inspire by the anime Evangelion
- Due this the song playing at the end is in japanese but with lyrics that trying to make fun of even the developers itself.
Think Dude, Think
In the outro cutscene there is a scene where Dude gets confronted by The Other Dude.
- The way he pose and the scene is made up is a reference to the show Invincible.
Enemie Codex References
Cheer Killer Arseface Saxobone and Mr.Toot
Are most likely are a reference to the marching band appearing in Postal 1, Redux, Postal 2 and Paradise Lost.
- The name “Cheer Killer” is a wordplay with “Cheer Leader”.
- The name “Saxobone” is a wordplay with “Saxophone”.
- The Description of “Mr.Toot” is a reference to the “Yes” Meme.
Monkey from Hell and Annoying Monkey
Are represents the monkeys that were cut from the Original Postal 2 and later reused in Paradise Lost.
- The name “Annoying Monkey” is a reference to their ingame behavor of distracting the player while he has to fight others enemies.
Golden Retriever but Meaner
Is a reference to the cla*sic “elite” version of an enemy in video games.
- Most likely due its description which refers to that.
Is a reference to the “Caged Hollow” enemy from Dark Souls 3
- Its description also mention the video game Bloodborne.
They represent peoples getting multiple vaccinations to get a “better” protection.
- Because of this reasons they have additional Vaccines left throwing them at the player.
Clown Elemental and Lost Clown
Are inspired ad refer to “Pain Elemental” and “Lost Soul” from Doom 2
- They share the same behavor and role as their 2 counterparts in Doom.
Represents conspiration theoreticians spreading and believing every possible story.
- The “Tin Foil” is a reference to the cla*sical “Tin Foil Hat” that are mostly brought in connection with conspiration theoreticians so their brain waves are save.
Most likely a reference to the cla*sic “harsh nurse” thing, mostly mentionable because of the description.
- The description is most likely a reference to “Nurse Ratched” from the movie “one flew over the cuckoo’s nest” from 1975.
A reference to the “Chin disper” problem during corona.
- According to his line “Cheesecake!” before farting, he might be lactose intolerant and use this against the player.
The name is a reference to the 5G Cellular network.
- The design is hardly inspired by the “Siren Head” a monster designed by “Trevor Henderson”
Represents the Iluminati.
- His body slightly reminds of the fictional character “The Slender man”.
Big Bad Rona and Lil Ronnie
Representing the Corona virus.
- The template of the description is a reference to the “???? PROFIT!!!!” meme.
Represents a member of the furry community.
- The description tries to make little fun of “weebs” but mainly furries.
A reference to “Xenomorphs” from the “Alien” movies.
- The description which is refering to the “Alien” movies seems to kinda make fun of “cosplayers”.
A reference to the “Stormtrooper” units from the “Star wars” movies.
- The description tries to aim to the cla*sic “big boned” excuse of overweight peoples.
- The design also seems strongly inspired by “Assault Commanders” from “Duke Nukem” games.
A reference to the “Godzilla”
- The name is refering to the original japanese “Gojira”
- The description refer to “Ishirō Honda” creator of Godzilla.
A reference to tabletop game nerds.
- Most likely refering to “Dungeons and Dragons” in first place.
Mobile Battle Goober
A reference to a “Star Wars” cosplay
- Being dressed up as a combination of “Death Star” a “Gimp” and the whole solar system.
A reference to “T-800” units from the “Terminator” series.
- The description is a reference to the old testament.
Pink Eye Tower
A cosplay representing “saurons tower” from the “Lord of the Rings” triology.
- The description is most likely a reference to it too.
The Other DUDE
May represents the maniac side of Dudes Personality.
- The description is kinda just a summary of the game itself.
Possible reference to the anime “Gundam”
Weapon Codex References
Signature weapon of Postal games.
- The description makes a reference to the “Money Printer Go Brrr” meme.
Not-So-Smart Pistol MK420
The weapon is a pun on the “Smart guns” to avoid anyone but you fire your gun.
- The “420” in the name is a reference to the cannabis culture.
Super Hooker Shotgun
The description clearly making a reference to that the gun is just a parody to his counter part from “Doom Eternal”
- The description also mention the double barrel as iconic, might even leading back to the “Evil Dead” movies and the iconic “boomstick”
Since the gameplay is similar to other “boomer” shooters it is possible the nailgun was inspired by the video game “Quake”
- Even the description is making a reference to the band “Nine Inch Nails” who also made the soundtrack for “Quake”
The holy hand grenate is a reference to the cult movie “monty python and the holy grail”
- The Postal 2 mod “A Week in Paradise” which official got sold along the “Fudge Pack” and “10th anniversary” had a holy handgrenate as throwable.
The name is yet another s*xual reference to the “BFG 9000” gun from the “Doom” series.
- The description says the weapon might contains “Nikola Tesla’s” brain which was an electrical engineer.
- The description also mention you can use it like “ASMD” wich is a reference to the shock rifle of “Unreal” games.
The pun about this weapon is that it represents the typical “high damage / piercing gun” in video games, they took the chance and turned into something naughty.
- The description is refering to the “Dildo” and “Dupstep gun” from “Saints Row IV”
Gun Goes BRR
The name is a reference to the “Money Printer Go Brrr” meme.
- The description is refering to the “Predator” movie from 1987.
Since the game miss the cla*sic feature of using cats as gun silencers they made up a whole weapon that use them as ammo instead.
- The name is a s*xual joke.
Main Menu References
Even the main menu itself has references, mostly to the Postal series itself.
- There is Postal poster on the wall behind the Dude, featuring HIM, a Monkey from hell and a woman, this is a reference to the Front cover of the Postal Movie from director Uwe Boll.
- There is also a poster of House of the DEAF which is a reference to the House of the DEAD series.
- The other poster says Fart Cries and is a reference to the Far Cry series, the poster i suppose to be representing the Far Cry Movie which also is directed by Uwe Boll.
- On the Left wall you can see various pictures showing the Hyperstrange and Running with scissors logos, also a picture of the Dude of Brain damaged and his Dog Champ
- Although both weapons do no appear ingame you can see the machete and sledgehammer from previous postal games in the cardboards to the left.
- Under the table you can see the petition from Postal 2.
- When watching the credits the game view switches to a bathroom as reference to his whole hunt for a toilet during the gameplay.
- There a bottles on his table showing the Covid-19 virus, this might be a reference to the beer brand “corona”.
Most if not even all achievements have references in their name:
- Might be also a reference to Postal Dudes famous line from “Postal 2”
Lines and Quotes
Of course Dude has some many quotes refering to real live situations and more.
- Laughting in Blood Red Rain, Blood Red Rain.
- Is a reference to “Prince” song “Purple Rain”
- it’s raining blood! hallelujah!
- Is a reference to the song “It’s raining men” from “the weather girls”
- Hasta la Pasta
- Is a meme phrase.
- Balls of, umm, iron?
- Is a reference to “Duke Nukems” quote “Balls of Steel”
- My precious!
- Some times said by the Dude but also a death sound of the “Lord of the Ring” cosplayer.
- I Regret Nothing!
- Just Dudes most famous line, reapearing.
- Get over here
- Is a reference to “scorpion” from the “mortal kombat” game which tend to say the same phrase when hookshotting enemies.
- I feel like ghost rider
- A reference to “ghost rider” when drinking the liquid to pee fire.
- vanilla ice doesnt have sh*t on me!
- A reference to the rapper “vanilla ice” when drinking the liquid to freeze enemies.
- now is that pronouced gib or jib
- A reference to the arguments of how “gif” files are gonna be pronounced.
- ripped like an altar boy on first communion!
- A reference to the s*xual a*saults in christian churches.
- livin the american dream!
- Most likely a reference to americas gun laws.
- The powerups that change your pee effekts might be even a reference to Postal 2‘s enhanced mode where you can pee different liquids too.
Here we come to an end for the Easter Eggs and References – POSTAL Brain Damaged guide. I hope this guide has helped you with your gameplay. If you have something to add to this guide or believe we forgot some information to add, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually by approving them!
- All POSTAL Brain Damaged Posts List
Leave a Reply