Short but detailed Guide how to claim all 27 Steam-Achievements including tipps and notes for fast and clear walkthrough. Pictures will be added soon. Feel free to correct me or add some information.
Welcome and notes
Hello Traveller and welcome to this 100% achievement guide with tipps and tricks for fast walktrough.
- I won’t explain the game basics here, so if you don’t know ho your Exo-suit works or how to warp, you might need to check it out first! (You can find enough guides on steam, otherwise I may create one)
- For many achievements you can see the progress ingame in the milestone-tab (ESC-Milestones)
- I will add some pictures for better understanding (my english is not perfect)
- Feel free to correct me in any way or add some information!
Claim a Base or Buy a Freighter
Well, this one is easy and 0% chance to miss.
The only thing you need to do is playing the main story line. After you repaired your ship and head into space, the ingame tutorial guides you to the next planet to claim territory and build a base.
You can also buy a freighter if you see one in the beginner galaxy, but you probably won’t have the units for it nor the possibility to warp to another system.
Build an Exocraft
These are vehicles for faster travelling on a planet. It doesn’t matter which you build.
There are 2 ways to get a blueprint for an exocraft, afterwards just build it somewhere.
- Buy blueprint on space anomaly for nanit or
- play the exocraft-NPC questline (first follow basecomputer-questline, then the construction-NPC-questline)
Visit another player base.
To claim the achievement, interact with their basic computer. There are 3 ways to find another player base:
- visit friends if possible
- teleporter on space anomaly (featured player bases or normal)
- randomly find a player base in a system
Note: If it does not work, use a savepoint in that base, save, reload, try again
4-6. Units Accrued
Your only task here is to earn money.
Note: To claim the achievement you need the units in your pocket. It’s not commulative.
150.000 Units (Entrepreneur: 3/10 stars)
The Space Merchants
1.000.000 Units (Trader: 7/10 stars)
The Diamond Age
2.000.000 Units (Magnate: 10/10 stars)
7-9. Alien Encounters
Here you only need to start a conversation with an alien (Korvax, Gek, Vy’keen, Traveller). It doesn’t matter where the NPCs are located, Quest NPCs like Nada and Polo doesn’t count.
Note: Only one conversation per alien counts! If you already spoke to the NPC, you can see a note under its name “visited”.
Tipp: Initiating a conversation is enough, it does not require any additional dialogue option.
10 (Not Alone: 1/10 stars)
Who Goes There?
50 (Diplomat: 7/10 stars)
What Mad Universe
80 (Ambassador: 10/10)
10-12. Words Collection
In the beginning you can not understand the alien NPCs, so you need to learn their language. Each word you collect, counts for this achievement.
You can learn words by talking to the aliens (1st dialogue option) or interact with knowledge stones, monoliths, plaques
Note: duplicated words count.
10 (Comprehended: 3/10 stars)
The Languages of Pao
50 (Linguist: 7/10 stars)
Citizen of the Galaxy
150 (Babelfish: 10/10 stars)
13-15. Sentinel Ships Destroyer
Just destroy some sentinals you can find on the planets. All kinds count (dog, flying engineers, robot, ship).
Tipp: go in a house while attacking. They won’t attack you there
Use of Weapons
1 (Novice: 1/10 stars)
Pattern for Conquest
50 (Notorious: 7/10 stars)
The Forever War
80 (Legend: 10/10 stars)
16/17. On-foot Exploration
Walk. Doesn’t matter where (planet, moon, space station), just walk. Jetpack doesn’t count.
Symphony For A Lost Traveler
40.000u (Nomad: 7/10 stars)
Have Spacesuit – Will Travel
100.000u (Adventurer: 10/10 stars)
18-20. Space Exploration
To claim these achievements, you need to activly warp with your ship or freighter. Space travel via portals or “warping to friend’s system” doesn’t count.
Tipp: jumping between 2 systems the whole time counts.
The Stars, Like Dust
3 (Trailblazer: 1/10 stars)
The Longest Voyage
40 (Pioneer: 7/10 stars)
A Space Odyssey
75 (Discoverer: 10/10 stars)
21-23. Planetary Zoology
Find and scan all animals/fauna on a planet to gain 1 progression. You don’t need to upload them.
This one can be tricky with 10+ different species on a planet. Some are walking on the ground, flying in the air, walking underground or swimming in water.
Tipp: Read the descriptions in the “Explore”-Tab to locate the different species. Some can only by seen on a specific area (south, north) or only daytime/nighttime.
Tipp2: Search for planets with 5 or less different species. abnormal planets have only 1 animal. (List will be released soon)
A Scanner Darkly
1 planet (Naturalist: 1/10 stars)
The Star Beast
7 planets (Archivist: 7/10 stars)
10 planets (Encyclopedia: 10/10 stars)
24/25. Extreme Survival
Stranger in a Strange Land, The Sentinel
To get these achievements, you need to stay on a planet with extreme conditions. The timer starts when you land on the planet and exit your starship. Then you need to fully spend your time there for 32 SOLS.
Note: 1 SOL = 15 minutes
Stranger in a Strange Land
20 SOL = 5hrs (Robust: 7/10 stars)
32 SOL = 8hrs (Everlasting: 10/10 stars)
extreme conditions are
- high sentinal activeness (Scan from galaxy for red sentinal activeness) or
- extreme stormy planets
Tipp: if you can find storm crystals and/or activated star-ressources (copper, indium, etc) there, it is extreme stormy planet
Tipp2: Build a cave and spend your time there. The timer doesn’t pause then.
Note: The timer pauses when you enter your starship or a building.
Note2: The timer pauses when you tab out of the game.
Note3: The timer stops(!) when you leave the planet. So you really need to stay there.
26/27. Galaxy centre
Here you need to reach the center of your current galaxy.
Note: If you reach the galaxy core in hardcore mode, you get both achievements.
Note2: If you reach the center in hardcore mode, the save file will be deleted.
Take a Deep Breath
in survival mode and hardcore mode
To Live Forever
in hardcore mode
There are multiple ways to reach the center (fastest to slowest):
- Obviously, the fastest way to the center is using friends who are really close or in a final system. After leaving a space station, choose to warp to friend’s system and head on.
2. space anomaly (luck included)
- Once you get access to the space anomaly, go to the teleporter and look for player bases. With much luck, there is a player base near the center. Just port to it, head into space, open space map and look at the distance in the upper left corner. Just decide, which distance is ok for you and warp the last systems. You can also ask in the anomaly for people to help you out.
- It’s enough to have one glyph. Put it 12 times into the portal and use it. You will enter a system which is about 5000ly away. Warp the last systems
4. black holes (luck included)
- Using black holes will bring you much closer if you are lucky. Use them as often as needed and warp the last systems.
- Just follow the Artemis-Questline until you get the option to fast travel to the next galaxy.
- Of course, you also can just warp the whole way down. Fully upgrade your hyperdrive and let’s go. For faster travel use your freighter if you have one. The shown path to galaxy core might not be shortest! Follow the path on the map as long as you don’t see: “Out of range”
Once you reached the final system, do the following:
- fully charge your hyperdrive (you need 100% fuel)
- open galaxy map
- don’t push any buttons
- move your coursor until you see a yellow ring and move it to until you see the “select”-circle on the border of your screen
- release version
- achievement-icons added
Here we come to an end for the Full Achievements Guide – No Man’s Sky guide. I hope this guide has helped you with your gameplay. If you have something to add to this guide or believe we forgot some information to add, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually by approving them!
- All No Man's Sky Posts List