A simple guide on how to make your own consort quests in The Genesis Project.
You will need:
An example text file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19a7j5xPiuJcFXr8TPNOyHQ_L0g4cVswq/view?usp=sharing – [google.com]
An example JSON
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r2AuwNUHaTlh_arMKRm-79CjK0AsknaI/view?usp=sharing – [google.com]
And a text editor of your choice, (I use Notepad++, but you can go with a better option if you have one.)
If you are planning on also uploading this to the workshop, you will also need to make two folders in the following way:
Dialogue > Consort > Iguana, Nakodile, Salamander, and Turtle
Making the Quest
1. Replace the name of the text file and the example to a custom name. For this example, we replace it with Dan.
2. Open up the text file, and replace every instance of “Example” with “Dan”
3. Replace the standard text talking about knives with your own custom text.
REMEMBER: A new line made will be another separate text box that appears.
4.Close the text box and open the JSON file.
5. Replace the Title and Description with custom values. Example: “Dandemonium” “Help Dan get his Dan back”
6. Replace the Objective and Reward parts with your custom quests and rewards. Examples you can use will be put at the bottom of this guide.
7.Once all of that is done, put the JSON in the Quests folder and the text file into the specific consort type file you want it assigned to. (Nakodiles, Salamanders, etc.)
And that’s it! All that’s left is for you to test it out yourself. If you need any help, it’s RealFakeMuselk in the Genesis Project discord.
Quest and Reward Templates
“title”: “Kill all underlings in a dungeon”
I hope you enjoy the Guide to making custom quests – The Genesis Project guide. This is all for now! If you have something to add to this guide or forget to add some information, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually!
- All The Genesis Project Posts List