How to patch your server to fight against hackers getting admin, teleporting, and killing players.
(DISCLAIMER: This is an unofficial patch made by me, a modder)
People are currently using exploits by hacking the client to do the following:
- Give themselves admin privileges
- Kill other players instantly on the map. (Even if they’re God Mod)
- Teleport people anywhere on the map without permissions.
This is an issue, and well known to have come since the developers warned that this isn’t a priority fix.
I’ve made a patch for the core code where the exploits take place. This modifies the Java side of the game’s code. (The game’s engine)
- First, make sure your server is offline.
- You’ll need to overwrite the files in the zombie folder in the game’s files in order for this patch to work proper. (For dedicated servers it’s java/zombie)
- Firstly, back up your zombie folder. This is useful for when you want to revert from the patch for any reason. (This is good practice in general)
- Paste the zombie folder in the ZIP file in the folder containing zombie. Overwrite the existing files.
- Start your server.
When a player attempts to use the exploits that are managed through this patch, the player will be kicked from the server, appearing in the server’s logs.
Links and Info
The patch download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-rB0IfWq07oGcyesPyaq5qJPLjyFwmvZ/view?usp=sharing – [google.com]
Feel free to share this with anyone you know who runs a server.
The situation with hackers is growing and getting worse. I’d hate to see all the booming populations on the servers die because some people want to ruin the fun for everyone. Hopefully this will help while a fix is being made officially.
Conveniently, I and others using the patch are compiling a list of hackers caught using the logs here:
docs google com/document/d/1bweJlMDuD6auNmO2yk72T5ZNNyfr1rlIylUbhQY64_g/edit?usp=sharing
If you feel like this made a huge impact for your community, feel free to buy me a coffee! https://paypal.me/JabJabJab – [paypal.me]
Here we come to an end for the Guide to patching exploits for 41.65 Multiplayer servers – Project Zomboid guide. I hope this guide has helped you with your gameplay. If you have something to add to this guide or believe we forgot some information to add, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually by approving them!
- All Project Zomboid Posts List