This guides shows you how to create and publish a fully working faceplate to workshop in 2022. It should solve all the issues you might have when creating a new faceplate.
Intro and required tools
You can follow a Relic guide how to make a faceplate: http://modding.companyofheroes.com/faceplate-pack-wizard – [companyofheroes.com] This guide adds additional information and up to date information.
Video guide version with all the steps (described bellow) and some additional tips and tricks:
- Company of Heroes 2 Game (32bit version)
- Company of Heroes 2 Tools – tool on steam
- Java (JRE/JDK), version 1.8.0 is tested but other may work too
- Flex SDK 4.6.0 – Exact version is needed – https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbvv7mqlkypiyy1/flex_sdk_22.214.171.12401B.7z?dl=0 – [dropbox.com]
Another backup of the FlexSDK https://webshare.cz/#/file/36Dlt0EHWT/flex-sdk-4-6-0-23201b-7z – [webshare.cz]
Setup the Mod Builder Tool
You can follow the Relic guide http://modding.companyofheroes.com/mod-builder – [companyofheroes.com]
You need to set up the builder as per the guide. The Flex SDK needs to be the exact version posted with the link. You just need to download it, extract it and set up the path. The newer versions may lead to errors.
In the end the Mod Builder settings should look like this
Create the faceplate project
Follow the guide http://modding.companyofheroes.com/faceplate-pack-wizard – [companyofheroes.com]
- Create a completely new folder for your template, for example C:\coh\faceplates\faceplate_1
- Save the project in it C:\coh\faceplates\faceplate_1\my_faceplate.mod
The wizard should look like this:
Create the actual graphics and the icons
After creating the project you should see something like this in your mod builder.
When you generated the files, you should see icons in folder:
Replace those files with your design. I can recommend the graphics tool https://www.photopea.com/ – [photopea.com] which is free, online and compatible with a lot of formats.
The faceplate should be 624×204 and the icon 64×64. Make sure that it stays as .png
I also recommend creating the icon for the steam workshop. This icon should be in format .tga and resolution 280×280. Add this file to the main folder and name it my_faceplate.tga (or the name you mentioned in the faceplate wizard).
- Right click on info in Mod Builder
- Select add burn file
- Select the .tga file
Do not add the burn settings as described in the official guide. I was not able to load the faceplate in the game when I added them.
Build the faceplate
- Click on button build, should finish without any error
- You should see file in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\faceplates
- Start the game, you should see the faceplate, try to equip it to make sure it’s OK.
Release to workshop
There seems to be a bug in the 64bit version of COH2 when released to the workshop. Download the 32bit version of COH2 and start it.
- Select the Modding HUB from the Company of Heroes 2 Main Menu.
- Select the Manage tab.
- Select your faceplate.
- Click Publish.
- Verify that it looks good. You can upload additional images in the workshop to better showcase your faceplate.
This is all we can share for How to make a faceplate in 2022 – Company of Heroes 2 for today. I hope you enjoy the guide! If you have anything to add to this guide or we forget something please let us know via comment! We check each comment! Don’t forget to check SteamClue.com for MORE!
- All Company of Heroes 2 Posts List