This is a guide on how to apply official game patches to R18 games on the Steam Deck.
This should work for most uncensor patches that run from an exe but may not work for all of them so your mileage may vary.
Aside from Kagura games patches, I got this to work with Maitetsu and Eiyu Senki.
There are other ways to do this but I found this to be the easiest method to follow.
I might add screenshots and clean this guide up in the future if I have time.
Install the game
- First install the game through the steam deck interface.
Switch to Desktop Mode
- Press the STEAM button
- Go down to the Power option
- Select Switch to Desktop
Download the patch files
- Download the uncensor patch files from the Kagura Games website. You can use the Firefox browser for this.
Download a few tools using Discover
- You’ll need to install some programs.
- Click on Discover on the taskbar(the blue icon that looks like a shopping bag)
- In Discover search for and install these 2:
- Click on the steam deck icon on the bottom left(like the windows start menu)
- Run Flatseal
- On the window that comes up, click on Bottles.
- On the right hand side, scroll down until you get to Filesystem.
- Where it says “Other file” click on the folder+ icon.
- In the text field that shows up below type in “/run/media/mmcblk0p1” without quotes
- Close Flatseal.(it saves automatically)
This gives Bottles the ability to access your micro sd card. If you don’t do this, when you run the patchers later, you will not be able to locate the directory where the game is installed.
From what I’ve seen, everyone’s micro sd card name is the same “mmcblk0p1” but just in case yours isn’t, you can open the Dolphin File Manager from the taskbar, on the left scroll down to Removable Devices > Primary and then click on the path name on the top and just copy that without the “/” at the end.
- From the Start menu, run Bottles.
- Go through the tutorial and add a new bottle.
- You can call it whatever you want, but choose Environment: Application.
- Wait for it to finish creating the Bottle.(it will take awhile)
Installing the patch
- In Bottles, click on the Bottle name you just created and click the Run Executable button.
- In the window that comes up, navigate to where you downloaded the Patch files from Kagura games earlier.
- Choose the file you want and Run it.
- When you get to the part that asks you to locate the Game install directory, click Change.
- Click the + next to the one that’s just a “/”
- Follow this path(a*suming you have installed the game on the microsd)
- / > run > media > mmcblk0p1 > steamapps > common > (name of the game)
In this case I would click on the folder named “Scars of Summer” and click OK.
The rest is straightforward, just hit Next and you’re done.
This is all we can share for Installing Uncensor patches on the Steam Deck – Scars of Summer for today. I hope you enjoy the guide! If you have anything to add to this guide or we forget something please let us know via comment! We check each comment! Don’t forget to check SteamClue.com for MORE!
- All Scars of Summer Posts List