This is the Official Isonzo Game Guide. The guide contains everything you need to know. If you are new to the game, this guide is a must-read.
Are you looking for something missing or incorrect in this guide? Please mail
[email protected] – [ww1gameseries.com]
Soldiers, welcome to Isonzo's mountains and valleys! Isonzo is a unique FPS experience that may differ from previous FPS experiences. Use this guide to prepare you for battle.
Isonzo is situated in the Italian Alps of 1914-1918 – The Entente Powers were fighting Central Powers. In this battle the Kingdom of Italy was facing the Austro-Hungarian Empire (Central Powers). It took place in the high mountains of Italy's Alps, where the Isonzo River ((now the Soca River)) runs through. The battle for the Isonzo mountains and plains saw Luigi Cadorna confront Franz Conrad von Hotzendorf, an Austro-Hungarian Commander. It quickly became a deadlock that resulted only in costly battles with minimal gains.
Game Mode – Offensive
Isonzo brings a new mode to the WW1 Game Series. Offensive is an entirely new game mode that portrays the "Offensive” nature of the Italian Front. It focuses on how one side pushes against the other in order to capture objectives for days and weeks. This means that the (objectives are taken by one team. The other team focuses on defending the points and preventing the other from moving on to the next sector. To help with balance, attackers are funnelled into specific corridors by a system made up of barbed wire wire lines with designated wire cutting points. This guide has a section called "Roles". It provides a more detailed description about the roles of both attacker and defender players.
Isonzo is unique in that there is no one map, but many maps that make up an offensive. The goal of the Attacking team is to push towards the final sector. Defenders can then hold the Attackers at bay until they run out, and then the Defenders take the Offensive. To win the Offensive Attackers must win one final map. If they have tickets, they can carry some of their tickets from previous maps.
Isonzo allows you to create forward posts that allow you to move closer to the front. Be aware that these can be removed at any time by the enemy. This will limit your ability to spawn closer to the objective.
Each sector of the map contains an objective (. There are multiple objectives) within each sector. They must be destroyed/captured either) for attackers or (protected for defenders. If the attacker is unable to capture the target, the defender can retake the area. However, if the attacker is unable to capture the target, or if it is contested, the defender cannot repair it.
- Officer – The Officer issues orders and can call (for various support types such as artillery, aircraft, and chemicals. Limit of 2 Officers per Team
- Rifleman: Riflemen, equipped with standard equipment, make up the majority of fighting forces. They have access to a rifle and a bayonet as well as a rifle grenade or rifle grenade. Rifles equipped only with rifle grenades may be used by one team, though the Rifleman category is unlimited.
- Engineer – Can construct static weapons, build obstacles, or cut barbed wire more efficiently. Cap of 5 Engineers per Attacker, 7 Engineers per Defender.
- Assault: Equipped with high impact weaponry the Assault cla*s focuses on pushing the enemy hard. Cap of 7 roles as Assault for Attackers and 5 roles as Defenders. Also, there is a limit on the number of weapons that can be used, including small automatic guns.
- Mountaineer: Mountaineer is suited to mountainous terrain. Mountaineers excel in traversing terrain to locate and infiltrate enemies positions. Maximum 7 Mountaineers in a team.
- Marksman – Marksman are equipped high powered rifles that allow them to excel at long distance engagements with a variety of scoped and unscoped guns. Limit of 4 Marksman, max of 2 scoped rifles per team.
Each role is given a unique perks that match the specific play style. One of these perks can either be selected or switched depending on the modifiers that you require in an ever-changing battle. By leveling up, you can unlock additional perks for a particular cla*s.
- Carso, one of most bloody mountains in the entire front, located at the Carso Plateau.
- Sabotino is a strategic summit north of Gorizia. It was the site of a major breakthrough during the 6th Battle of the Isonzo.
- Gorizia – After the successes at San Michele as well as Sabotino, the City of Gorizia became a reality on August 8th 1916.
- Dolomiti — Courageous attack upon the "Sa*so Di Sesto Peak"
6th Battle of the Isonzo
- Cengio- Monte Cengio and Fort Corbin were both the sites of a fierce, mountainous battle during World War II.
- Fior – The Melette Ma*sif, Asiago Plateau, was fiercely contested during the Strafexpedition.
Rifles- Rifles are the primary weapon in Isonzo. They are extremely hard hitting and very useful at long range. Some rifles include a bayonet. This allows for easy melee at close range, without the need to switch weapons.
Rifle Grenades can be fitted to some rifles with a weapon that can be fired further than the thrown one. These grenades explode when they hit the target and cause less damage than regular grenades.
Handguns: These small but powerful handguns can be maneuvered easily and are great for clearing out tight spaces. However, they can cause damage that is not as impressive as it should and may need to be shot at enemies.
Grenades-When thrown grenades explode, dealing severe damage to anyone within a radius of the fuse. If you are unable to throw the grenade after the fuse has been lit, it is still alive and will explode.
All static weapons are buildable by Engineers and can be sabotaged. The Rifleman role can resupply static weapons with the Ammo Box.
Mortars – These weapons can fire high explosives with a high-arc ballistic trajectory. They can also shoot over obstacles. You can request spotting from flare gun users.
Mountain Guns – These weapons are capable of firing high explosives at a short trajectory, so that you can aim and shoot visually at the enemy.
Machine Guns- The static machine guns have a high rate fire rate and high damage output. They are limited in their arc of fire, and they remain stationary.
Ammo Box is a portable tool that allows you to resupply teammates or static weapons when interacting.
Ammo Crate — With the "Ammo Carrier", perk riflemen can build static ammunition boxes to resupply you team without your presence. You can also spawn equipped with additional ammo.
Grenade Crate — The Grenadier perk in Assault allows for the construction of a Grenade Box, which allows teammates and you to resupply with used grenades. You can also carry an extra grenade!
Spotting – Binoculars. Periscopes. Flares. Mountaineers. Recon Planes. Officers call for help to identify the enemy. Mountaineers can build periscopes using the "Observer” perk.
Canteens: Canteens are temporary canteens that temporarily remove stamina and reduce the effects of bullets and explosions. They also allow for quicker traversing the battlefield.
Bugles – The bugle creates a temporary aura that surrounds you and increases your teammates bolt action fire speed and movement speed.
Whistle- Officers may use whistles to give orders and temporarily remove spawn penalties. This allows your team's death to be followed by spawning without waiting.
Bandages – Available to all, bandages may be used to heal yourself of very serious injuries. However you will need another teammate in order to heal you back into full health.
Officers, Mountaineers, and officers can fire flares into air (with the map to target). Officers may use this map to call in aviation a*sistance, off-map artillery strikes, and gas/smoke a*saults. The ability on that flare point will become stronger if two Officers fire flares in rapid succession. Call ins have their own cooldown. When weaker callins become available first and then stronger tiers, the next one becomes available. The branches are listed below:
- Artillery Battalion – Call in an a*sortment of artillery hits, either condensed in one point (or use a creeping barrel to drop artilleryshells along a line).
- Chemical Regiment: Call in smoke or deadly gas to cover your advance and catch any slow or unexpecting enemy off guard.
- Aviation Corps – Call in recon or a fighter to capture an enemy position. Or a bomber formation, to bombard your enemy with bombs.
Engineers are allowed to build Machine Guns, Mortars, Mountain Guns, Wire over chokepoints, at predetermined locations. Engineers have the option to freebuild (, with) Sandbags, Wire, and Sniper shields for your team. You should be aware that equipment such as machine gun, mortars and mountain guns can be sabotaged.
Voice commands can be used by holding down the "X” button (default key) and then clicking on or selecting the number keys to say the message (X5 1. These voice commands work in proximity as well as with squad chat. You can also use the squad voicechat (V by default or LeftAlt by default by).
So, you're dead… but don’t despair, you'll respawn soon! In Isonzo, you will respawn together with everyone who has died. The enemy’s position determines where your spawn point is located. If you are in danger or enemies are near your teammates, you won't be able spawn on them. If you don't have any enemies nearby, you may spawn as close to them as possible in friendly positions. You might be spawned further back, if you have enemies nearby.
The Officer may order a charge to remove the 30 second respawn timer.
The war was brutal and bloody. Gore has been added to reflect that. You must enable it in your game's graphic settings.
Questions? Feedback? Have a question? Join us in the forum!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1556790/discussions/ – [steamcommunity.com]
If you have bugs to report, you can:
To report bugs in-game, use '/reportbug_description'
/reportbug Although my gun won't load, I have enough ammo.
Talk to us
http://discord.gg/ww1gameseries – [discord.gg]
This is all we can share for Official Game Guide – Isonzo for today. I hope you enjoy the guide! If you have anything to add to this guide or we forget something please let us know via comment! We check each comment! Don’t forget to check SteamClue.com for MORE!
- All Isonzo Posts List