Fix FPS in Blood Fresh Supply on modern systems – disable multicore
Poor performance on high end machines fix
Blood EX (Aka Blood Fresh Supply) for whatever reason is not set up for modern CPUs with many cores. As such it runs poorly if you have above ~4 cores.
The Kex Engine is able to use many cores, but in the case of this games not do so properly so results in poor performance / stuttering on most modern CPUs. Note the game while supporting D3D11 by default on Windows uses very little GPU acceleration and renders almost entirely in software, thus relies on your CPU… But also does this is a broken manner, so the faster your CPU, or the more cores your have, the worse performance you will get. (4+ core CPUs will not render above 60 fps, and even 60 FPS will suffer stuttering)
To fix this we need to prevent the game from using more than 1 core. Here is how:
https://robpol86.com/imagecfg.html – [robpol86.com]
- 1. Extract it to C:\Windows\System32
- 2. Go to your install directory.
Default directory is likely:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blood
Though can be anywhere you installed Steam games.
- 3. Shift Right click anywhere in the directory and run command window here.
- 4. Run this command: imagecfg -u anuket_x64.exe
- 5. This will force the game to run in unicore (single core) mode and thus fix performance issues. Runs at a locked 144FPS on my Core I7 8700K @ 1440p at max settings. Before the fix I’d get horrible performance, FPS counter read at 70-120, but felt more like 20 FPS with stuttering. I have a RTX 2060 Super, but in general your GPU is not very relevant here as the game renders almost entirely in software (CPU), using the GPU only for rasterization and minor other effects.
Note: If the game gets an update, this fix will likely need to be re-applied. There are other ways to ensure the game only runs on 1 CPU core, but this is the most reliable / 1 time fix I have found so far. Another fix is changing the core affinity to any single core (recommend any CPU core above 0) via task manager, but this will only apply to one session, later play sessions will not remember this change. There is software to automatically apply this without modifying the .exe but I have not found any free software to do it reliably / easily. If you know of such free open source software, let me know in the comments and I will update with an alternate.
I hope you enjoy the Performance / FPS Fix – Blood: Fresh Supply guide. This is all for now! If you have something to add to this guide or forget to add some information, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually!
- All Blood: Fresh Supply Posts List