This guide explains briefly how you can disable the SSDP–Service, a possible cause behind Project Diva's stutter.
Introduction and symptoms
Windows' SSDP-Service might be the reason you are experiencing stuttering issues.
This service is used by your network to identify devices that use Universal Plug and Play(UPnP). You can then stream audio and/or videos to devices in your home network. However, it seems to be causing problems for some games, such Elden Ring (where my fix came from) and Project Diva.
Note: Because stuttering can occur on many OSs, the fix will not work for everyone. However, it may be a solution to a specific case.
Disable the SSDP Service
How to temporarily disable service
– Open task-manager, and then go to the "Services tab."
If not already done, you can search for "SSDPSRV".
– If the service continues to run, right-click on it and click "stop".
You can play the game to test if it has solved your issue.
You can disable this service permanently if there is no need.
– Press win+r
Go to "services", uncheck "SSDP Discovery". This will stop the service from being launched
- Although I didn't come up with the solution, I found it in the Elden Ring forums. It was there that I had the same stuttering problem in Elden Ring. It's in this steamthread at [steamcommunity.com] .
- This could be due to a bad interaction of steam-input with the SSDP Service. If this happens, you might be able to fix it without deactivating the service. Maybe you can fix it with steam input disabled for the game. I haven’t done that because I don’t require the service. I did however find a solution.
I hope you enjoy the Potentially fixing Stutter by disabling The SSDP-service – Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+ guide. This is all for now! If you have something to add to this guide or forget to add some information, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually!
- All Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+ Posts List