Hello! In this guide you’ll learn how to run Dark Souls Remastered at 30fps full speed (yes, FULL SPEED) in your potato machine!
Unfortunately, Dark Souls Remastered doesn’t have a Variable fps option, that means that you NEED to maintain a solid 60fps to run the game, otherwise you’ll face some slowdowns, since the game speed is tied to the framerate.
“You said 30fps at full speed! How will i be able to run at full speed if my game will be at 30fps???”
Woah! Slowdown, babe! We will be cheating a little to make the game run at full speed. How? Cheat Engine will do the trick
Also, don’t be afraid! I’ve already beat the game solo and in coop, so there is no risk of beeing baned at the moment (and the servers are down, so whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
So, let’s begin our journey to make this game run in our potato machines!
Okay, What are my specs? Well…
- OS: Windows 10
- CPU: Intel Core i3 6006U
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
- RAM: 12GB
First things first: Important stuff to download before tweaking
- Update your graphics driver AND make sure that your GPU supports Vulkan
- Download Cheat Engine: https://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php – [cheatengine.org]
- Download MSI afterburner OR just download Riva Tuner Statistics Server (MSI recomended): https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards – [msi.com]
- Download DXVK latest release from github: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk – [github.com]
Let’s begin our tweaking!
Okay, now that you have everything downloaded AND installed, let’s start tweaking:
- Extract your dxvk into any folder you like and open it. This should be the contents of the folder:
- Now, go to the “x64” folder and copy the “dxgi.dll” and “d3d11.dll” (or just copy everything inside the folder) and paste into your DSR folder. Usually is located at “Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > commom > DARK SOULS REMASTERED”
- Open the game, load any character (or just create a new one), change the settings from fullscreen to windowed and then go to your desktop
- Now, open Cheat Engine, select the monitor icon that’s bellow the “file” option and select DARK SOULS REMASTERED. Now, check the “Enable Speedhack” option and set it to ~1.4 (maybe you’ll need to tweak this number to your taste)
- Open MSI afterburner and wait Riva Tuner to start (or just open Riva Tuner) and set you fps limit to 30-38. In my system, when i limit my fps to 30, the game runs at 24-25fps, so i limit the fps to 37-38fps to make the game run at 30fps. I don’t know why that happens, but it just works
- Go back to the game, put it back to fullscreen (or leave it windowed, if you like), change your resolution to the lowest and voilà: your game should be running at full speed without slowdowns for most of the time! You can even increase the resolution to see if it can maintain 30fps or just activate some fancy settings, like ambient occlusion and anti-aliasing.
Extra: Off-screen recording of me doing the steps above and running the game
This is all we can share for Running DS Remastered at full speed with Vulkan: Potato Edition – DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED for today. I hope you enjoy the guide! If you have anything to add to this guide or we forget something please let us know via comment! We check each comment! Don’t forget to check SteamClue.com for MORE!
- All DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED Posts List