A guide on how to put bots in your world
Also the first guide in both the game and in telling you how to spawn bots because like you you are too lazy.
Definition of bots
According to Technopedia: “In gaming, a bot is a character controlled by a computer. In one sense, bots are all the non-player characters (NPCs) in a game, including those that fight alongside as well as against the gamer. However, the definition of bots has broadened to include gamers who employ third-party programs to control their characters.”
How to play with bots (As of March 12th 2022)
Copy and pasted directly from the Discord:
1. Launch the game.
2. Open the console. By default this key is ~, which is located right above the Tab key on a standard EN/US keyboard*.
* If you have another type of keyboard, you might have issues and have to rebind your console key using the input.ini config file located in the following folder: \Steam\steamapps\common\Harsh Doorstop Playtest\HarshDoorstop\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor. To do this, add ConsoleKey=F10 to the [/script/engine.inputsettings] category within input.ini. If this section doesn’t exist, create it. Now, you should be able to open your console using F10.
3. Set the min/max player count according to how many bots that you want to play with. To do this, type the following in the console one command at a time:
Replace # with the bot amount you want. Keep it the same value for both commands.
4. Choose a map either from the singleplayer menu, or by typing the following in the console:
Replace MAP with the map you want to play on: fallujah, khafji_p, lamdong, montecassino, argonne
5. Once you load into the map, select which faction you want to play as, choose your kit and spawn point, and then deploy. Then, open the console and type the following:
Replace # with what you used on the net.min/max – [net.min] commands listed above.
You should now have an active match with bots. Once you set your net.min/max – [net.min] you shouldn’t have to change that again until you close and relaunch the game.
To lift kit restrictions and unlock all of the kits, use the following command in the console:
To turn off autobalancing, use the following command in the console:
Now shut up and leave ol’ gramps alone, i got books to read.
I hope you enjoy the The guide to spawning bots – Operation: Harsh Doorstop – Multiplayer Playtest guide. This is all for now! If you have something to add to this guide or forget to add some information, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually!
- All Operation: Harsh Doorstop - Multiplayer Playtest Posts List