This guide includes the official patch for Tomb Raider v1.01.748.0, which is missing from the Steam version. It significantly improves performance on CPUs with 4 or more cores.
On May 25, 2013, Square Enix released a patch for Tomb Raider v1.01.748.0. Nowadays, It’s missing from the Steam version of the game. To get it, do the following:
1. Download this archive – [google.com]” rel=”nofollow noopener”>archive – [google.com] , unzip it and copy the files to your game folder (…Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider), confirming the replacement.
Patch notes from the developers:
- Significant performance improvements in CPU limited areas, for example in Shanty Town.
- Fixed problem with Mountaineer, Sure-Shot, and Demolition outfits not properly unlocking when no other DLC is installed.
- Fixed TressFX Hair not being able to be turned on, on some machines, when using AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA Surround.
- Fixed water polygons randomly disappearing on Intel graphics hardware.
- Fix problem with English VO setting when playing in Japanese not properly being remembered after a restart.
- Minor UI improvements.
That’s all. You can enjoy the game to the fullest.
The files in this archive are completely original and safe. Here is the proof – [virustotal.com]” rel=”nofollow noopener”>proof – [virustotal.com]
Please, rate this guide to help other people.
Arguments for the patch
First, let’s be clear. From 2013 to 2021 the last version of Tomb Raider game was version 1.01.748.0. To prove this, I’m showing you screenshots from PCGamingWiki – [pcgamingwiki.com]” rel=”nofollow noopener”>PCGamingWiki – [pcgamingwiki.com] , where you can see the same version in the title of the Launcher window, and by clicking on “more details” you’ll see that this screenshot was uploaded in 2016. Now that you have no doubts about my words, let’s continue.
In 2021 Square Enix sold the remnants of their already tarnished honor and reputation to the EPIC Store and began updating their older games, including Tomb Raider (2013), in order to move multiplayer to the EPIC servers. The update turned out to be HUGE questionable and caused problems with the stability of the game. After that the developers decided to roll back, but not to the previous version (1.01.748.0) which worked flawlessly for years, but to an even older one.
Now, when you download the game in Steam, you’ll get a version 1.01.743.0, which has a number of disadvantages. For example, if you have a CPU with 4 or more physical cores, you may experience sudden and noticeable FPS drops in the game. In order not to seem unsubstantiated, I again provide screenshots with proofs:
Hardly anyone wants to play an unfinished version of an eight year old game and have 40 FPS on a decent and powerful hardware. That’s why I’m offering you an option to restore the game to its true state, in which it has existed all this time.
Here we come to an end for The official patch for Tomb Raider v1.01.748.0 – Tomb Raider guide. I hope this guide has helped you with your gameplay. If you have something to add to this guide or believe we forgot some information to add, please let us know via comment! We check each comment manually by approving them!
- All Tomb Raider Posts List
Leave a Reply