Are you tired of dying?
Is the ghost hunting before you gathered your evidence?
This guide will briefly share one way for detectives to investigate ghosts in houses safely.
1. At the start of the game, hold a normal flashlight, a lit candle and a lighter.
2. Enter the house and turn on the breaker. If the ghost blew out your candle, you can relight it immediately with your lighter, and you would’ve found the area the ghost is roaming in.
3. Turn on the lights at frequently used paths (e.g. Edgestreet ground floor hallway).
4. Drop the flashlight to point the path towards the main door exit. So during a ghost event/hunt, even if the ghost turned off the breaker, it is easy to see whether the main door is closed (ghost hunt) or open (ghost event).
5. Get more flashlights and lit candle. Enter the house and look for hiding spots.
6. Drop flashlights to point towards your hiding spots. These will help you when you need to turn off your flashlight during a hunt, and the breaker is off. Place them at junctions/landmarks so you can figure your way around easily.
7. Place your lit candles on the floor in the ghost room (if found) or frequently used hallways. Place them on the floor instead of tables. You can still check for ghost orbs if the candles are on the floor. It would be too bright if they are on the tables. Repeat step 6 and 7 with all the normal flashlights.
8. Place crucifixes in the path between the ghost room and your hiding spots. A lot of ghosts spawn outside their ghost room. If the crucifix is inside the ghost room, the ghost can spawn outside the room while you’re in the ghost room, then you’re cornered and dead. If the crucifix is outside the room, the ghost can spawn inside the room, and you can run to your hiding spot even if it hunts.
9. As you conduct your investigation (leave your tools in the room for easy re-access), keep the ghost room well lit by relighting your candles. These lit candles would not affect spirit box or ghost orb results while keeping your sanity high. Your presence in the ghost room provokes the ghost to be active. So, the ghost is unlikely to hunt before you finish gathering your evidence. That said, you might need to eat sanity pills if the ghost appeared to you frequently.
10. When you’re done with getting your evidence, you might want to trigger the ghost to hunt to check its behavior (nightmare mode) or to get a ghost photo (easily done with 1 teammate standing by with a photo camera). Place a smudge stick in your hiding spot. Hold a flashlight, a smudge stick and a lighter. Standby in a corner where the ghost is unlikely to spawn. Trigger the ghost to hunt (e.g. hide n seek oujia board, break the haunted mirror, spam voodoo doll needles).
11. When the ghost hunts, wait till the ghost sees you. When it is at about 3 arms distance, get your teammate to snap a photo, then burn the smudge stick and run to your hiding spot. Pick up the smudge stick in your hiding spot as a back up. If it’s a theogen, just run to a loop instead of your hiding spot.
This is all we can share for Walk through for a defensive ghost investigator – Phasmophobia for today. I hope you enjoy the guide! If you have anything to add to this guide or we forget something please let us know via comment! We check each comment! Don’t forget to check SteamClue.com for MORE!
- All Phasmophobia Posts List
Leave a Reply